Does your putter have a name?

So I might be a little excited about my new putter… contemplating if I should name it.

I’m curious as to what others have done… does your putter have a name?

I was going to name it after the redhead in dazed me confused, but her name in the movie is Cynthia and that’s a terrible name for a putter…

My younger daughter suggested Shelly. My older daughter suggested mia. My wife suggested Ruth bader golfsburg…

3 Likes

My putter brand name is a common (if outdated) given name, just spelled differently. So I suppose that is it’s name.

2 Likes

Had a white TM Burner driver named Lightening, putter (ancient Ping B60) is called Thunder. Anything over 20’ made elicits “KerBOOM!” at the top of my lungs. I’m so annoying.
Update: traded Lightening in on a 460cc Rogue I’ve nicknamed “Heid” from my Scottish roots.
Updated update: Heid got me to the front of Stevens #2 and Thunder dropped a 68-footer for first :eagle: of ‘21. Write about your Round

3 Likes

Pure brilliant. Countryman.

In wi’ the heid! :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I’ve been known to spontaneously erupt “get in there ya wee beauty!!!” at any worthy shot, especially with the driver.

2 Likes

Maybe I should pick up some Aussie slang from Okiwiz…

Then again, I might get banned from my golf course…

2 Likes

Generally referred to with a number of four letter words and variants

7 Likes

Similar to papag, mine has various ‘colorful’ names varying in letter count. :anguished:

2 Likes

I can’t decide between Billy Baroo or Oathkeeper. Mr. 3 Wiggles also an option.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I’m going with Big Cat until something else comes to mind.

1 Like

I save the names for the operator of my putter, that guy is an idiot way too often. Most of those names are unprintable.

5 Likes

I don’t have a name for mine. But my headcover has $ signs all over it, so could call it the moneymaker. The question of who it makes money for depends on the day.

2 Likes

I always seem to name mine “Dammit”. 'Course, every time I say its name, the dog comes running.

3 Likes

Yep, the putter is fine. The putterer, on the other hand…

1 Like

I have a Pink Panther Driver Head Cover, his name is Eddie after my uncle who introduced me to the game

1 Like

My putter’s operator is named alice… she has a nasty habit of bumping her purse

2 Likes

Lily. Thats the name of the 14 yo caddie at sand valley who told me i talk to the ball a lot and maybe i should just grip it and rip it.

:rofl:

1 Like

Would it be wrong if most of us named putter …
missy :thinking:

1 Like

Thinking of re-naming mine Lip. Short for lipout, not Philip of course.

2 Likes