Buying a new glove!

What are peoples thoughts on gloves? Anyone know what cadet is all about? I could look it up but figured someone would know.

I like to wear a large but they stretch quick and rip, an xl seems to be too large and slides around, maybe my hand is an awkward size between the two.

I have seen some ‘premium’ gloves for sale for $100, certainly haven’t tried one yet. I’m usually going between Footjoy, Titleist, and Taylormade and their different styles. Does anyone swear by a certain model for comfort and durability? I saw that Snell has one when I went to order balls it offered 50%off. Gloves never seem to be much of a topic with people I talk to. Maybe it’s just there for a little extra grip but we all seem to use one.

3 Likes

Cadet is for guys like me who have carnie hands :joy:

They’re generally shorter, wider fingers and a wider palm. I love them.

5 Likes

Costco has a Kirkland glove that’s great for the price. But, if I have to say my favorite glove regardless of price, it’s PING.

3 Likes

I have never tried a Ping!

1 Like

Kirkland is good for the price, especially in the cooler seasons where having the breathable mesh sections aren’t that important (since it’s an all leather glove). I know a lot of people swear by MG golf gloves as the best value.
Besides the Kirkland’s I also have a bunch of Etonic sport gloves from Rockbottomgolf. They wear out a bit quick, but super breathable during the summer and I got a bunch on clearance, so I don’t mind going through them.

5 Likes

MG is only $6? I guess they are a value brand. Nice. I carry 4 gloves right now and rotate them throughout the round. Sweating, they get wet and kind of useless or they rip going on and off. Never tried Kirkland anything yet either.

Honestly I probably hold on to them too long too. Probably should replace them more often.

3 Likes

I’m all about the MG gloves, one of the best deals in golf!

2 Likes

I’ve been wearing Titleist gloves for a few years. Sounds like I need to try out MG to save money.

Where do you buy the MG gloves? I’d like to try them.

Save your money and don’t buy a glove. After seeing an Aussie ladies tournament on tv I saw one pro had never worn a glove so I stopped wearing one. The only exception is if the grip gets slippery when wet. I have two small areas or toughened skin. One on the forefinger of my left hand and the other on the fleshy part of the hand under the left thumb. Otherwise I can’t tell any difference other than not having to wear out gloves.

2 Likes

I haven’t worn a glove for years.

It would be interesting to see the modern thinking on this. How many shots am I loosing or are you gaining?

I get them off their site, I believe they are on Amazon as well (depending on where you live)

2 Likes

@jon how do you find the MG glove? They look premium but at $5.99 I’m a little skeptical

Ive been using the dynagrip elite for years and really like it for the value. Give it a shot, if you don’t like it, then it only cost you less than $10 :joy:

2 Likes

If I see I guy draining chips with no glove on, I’ll know it’s @okiwiz

3 Likes

I found cadets fit me best (which I guess means I have carnie hands per the post above :P) but it makes it frustrating with trying to buy gloves from the more boutique glove co’s out there (North Coast, Malbon, Kakadu, etc.). Everyone seems to make non-cadet golf gloves but cadet means I am pretty much FootJoy for the longhaul (good quality and durability for the price).

Even so, FJ Stasof tends to wear out after a few months after normal usage so I wouldn’t spend a a lot more on a glove unless it was going to last a lot longer.

1 Like

Mg gloves are the only ones I wear anymore… they are a great value buy.

Definitely not a cheap knockoff… they are worth stocking up on!

6 Likes

I just put in an order for one of their elite gloves. The regular model was out of stock. Do you have a preference between models?

1 Like

I think I usually spend the extra dollar for the premium… I bought five at the beginning of the season and haven’t bought them again.

1 Like

Their website says it is thinner but otherwise doesn’t explain what the difference is. I assume a thinner glove will feel better but be less durable.