Buying a new glove!

I tried the HRZL glove made out of kangaroo leather. It was advertised to last longer and be more durable than cow leather…but it wore through just as quickly. I’ll also look into the MG gloves. Good topic, thank you!

3 Likes

Mg gloves are great… Costco sells good gloves if you aren’t rocking yeti paws…

FWIW, I’m trying the Zero Friction glove, caught them on special, thought I’d try.
Overall: comfy, seem durable so far. Biggest complaint (and it’s huge!) I think they have the Velcro patch backwards; definitely not secure. I’ve had Velcro come loose during several swings🤬.
I’ll probably pull another (think I got 3) to see if it’s any better, but if not, I can’t recommend and will go back to FJ WeatherSof.
Based on recommendations here, might try MG next time I buy.

I tend to go through glove pretty quickly, I always get a hole in palm. I bought a CaddyDaddy Claw glove a couple of months ago because they claim to be the most durable glove out there. I hit balls almost daily, and so far I am impressed.

2 Likes

I also endorse the mg gloves! I’ve been using them (and the company they bought, Star Golf) for years. I’m pretty hard on gloves - lots of sweat - but I don’t mind going through several of these a season at their price.

2 Likes

That glove looks interesting and I may have to give that one a try. I haven’t been that impressed my more expensive gloves so I tend to look for deals. I bought a bunch of Etonic gloves for about $3 each and used those until I ran out last year. I actually found them better than the $20-$25 FJ gloves.

Last year and now this year I have some Mizuno gloves I got in a tournament and the Costco Kirkland gloves. The Mizunos are nice but don’t hold up. The Costco gloves are much sturdier, but in one package the sizing is inconsistent and 1 glove was just unwearable with fingers too short and palm too large. For the price though you can toss 1 glove and come out ahead.

1 Like

Inconsistency has been my experience with the Costco gloves too. One batch tears easily, another is like iron. Durability isn’t great with any of the Costco gloves I’ve tried, but per my grips’ comments in another thread, I could just be really hard on gloves.

Much better experience playing with them, than without them though. I got tired of having to file my nails low and smooth, everytime I wanted to hit balls. I don’t have French manicures or the like (not that there’s anything wrong with that…), but if I have any fingernail sticking out from the fingertip, I will at some point, slice myself with it during a practice session.

I dunno how it happens, but it does. So, gloves. Thank God they’re not the $100 bucks a pair some of you are talking about upthread.

1 Like

I haven’t run into a durability issue yet. I find they have much better construction and last longer than a $20 FJ glove. The sizing is really my only knock. Most large gloves fit me well, but the Kirkland’s are a bit off with most being short in the fingers and large in the palm for me.

1 Like

I pulled on a brand new Taylormade glove last week. Ripped the velcro tab off immediately I was like :open_mouth:

It was after probably 5 or 6 holes and my hands weren’t really dry and I take some fault but still. The glove struggle can be real.

2 Likes

Update on this glove. The palm is definitely the most durable I have tried, I could see a rub mark where I normally get a hole in other gloves. The back of the hand material is a light mesh which is great for breathablity, but my thumb ended up pushing through the mesh. In the end, it didn’t last any longer that any other glove I’ve tried.

3 Likes