Breaking the ice (a little more)

Since many of us have been here for a few weeks now and are starting to recognize “handles”, let’s get to know each other a little better. How about a few quick ice breaker questions?

I’ll start

• Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played): Ross Bridge, Arcadia Bluffs, Victoria National

• Best part of your game: short game

• Shot that you hate the most: long fairway bunker shot

• Favorite golfer (past or present): Jack Nicklaus

3 Likes

Top 3: Cascata, Wolf Creek, Skamania lodge

Best part of my game: putting

Shot I hate the most: chipping/pitching

Favorite golfer: talent and for what they’ve done for the game, Tiger. For personality it’s a tie between Mickelson and Homa.

1 Like

Great idea!

• Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : Cabot Cliffs, Friar’s Head, Bethpage Black
  • Best part of your game : iron play
  • Shot that you hate the most : 30-50 yard bunker shots :man_facepalming:
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : :tiger2:
3 Likes
  • Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : Hollywood GC (NJ), Old Town Club (NC), Secession (SC)
  • Best part of your game : short game
  • Shot that you hate the most : depends on the day! tee shots with trouble left are usually a problem
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : Phil (lefty, duh)
2 Likes

had a 45yd shot the other day, was ready to rock with my gap wedge - usually feel ok with the shot, then skulled it over green into creek :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m not a great bunker player to begin with, but those shots are even harder for me. I know exactly what to do, just can’t always do it :man_shrugging:

Love it.

Top 3 Favorite Courses (I’ve played): Sand Hills, Chicago GC, Whistling Straits

Best Part of Your Game: Driver

Shot I Hate the Most: Side hill, fast 5 foot putt

Favorite Golfer: tie: Tiger and Arnie

3 Likes

I don’t know a man alive who likes that shot.

3 Likes

45/50 may be a bit far but in the 25-45 range just take a gap wedge and hit a normal long bunker shot. it’s not terribly difficult and as long as you hit some sand behind the ball it won’t go more than 50. problem is I didn’t even hit sand in front of the ball!

• Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : haven’t played many… but I live by and play University of Florida’s course and it’s nice
  • Best part of your game : 30-70 yard approach shots
  • Shot that you hate the most : close chip from fluffy rough to short side pin. Either it goes nowhere or all the way across the green lol
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : Tiger
  • **Top 3 favorite courses (I’ve played): Whiskey Creek, Bethpage Green, Lake Placid Club Links Course (had plans to play Pasatiempo that COVID ruined)
  • Best part of your game: 100-125 yard approach shot
  • Shot that you hate the most : Short sided flop shot
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : Hard to not pick Tiger, but also a big Rory fan

Top 3 played: Baker Hill, TPC Boston, Crumpin Fox

Best part of my game: Putting

Least favorite shot: 40 yard bunker

Favorite golfer: Phil Mickelson- We are both right handed Lefties.

I don’t know exactly what to do?! I can hit some great green side bunker shots, and fairway bunkers basically no problem, but having to fly it 40 yards kills me.

1 Like

*** Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : ** The only 3 I have played Miramar, Shandon and Mt Osmond
*** Best part of your game : ** Chipping
*** Shot that you hate the most : ** Long putts
*** Favorite golfer (past or present) :** Seve

Hi I open the face, take a small backswing and hit right behind the ball and catch it clean and it comes out like a pitch. Make sure you have a decent follow through and hopefully it comes out high and flies. Practice a bit before trying it on the course

1 Like

Best coursepine valley, northwood cc Dallas, hunting creek, Louisville, ky.
Best shot driver all day
Hated shotfairway bunkers. Just not fun and unlikely to get close.
Golferall time: Mr. Hogan, currently rooting for Mackenzie Hughes.

1 Like

I gotta practice that! Thanks

1 Like

Best Course Nicklaus North, Royal Colwood, Predator Ridge (Ridge Course)
Best Shot Approach play (mid irons)
Hated Shot Long Irons on a sidehill or downhill lie
Golfer Tiger Woods

1 Like

Best Course Brandon Dunes (back when it was the only course there), Crosswater, Sunriver OR, Old Works, Anaconda MT
Best Shot Putting/chipping
Hated Shot “fried egg” bunker shot or steep downhill lie
Golfer Tiger

• Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : Butter Valley, The Legends courses, Olde Homestead
  • Best part of your game : short game ( getting there )
  • Shot that you hate the most : Any Bunker ( for now )
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : Payne Stewart