Breaking the ice (a little more)

• Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : Saratoga Spa, Moccasin Wallow, Leatherstocking
  • Best part of your game : short game
  • Shot that you hate the most : long putts
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : Tie, Justin Rose and Arnold Palmer
2 Likes

I seem to be magnetized to bunkers. If there’s sand, I’ll be spending the round at the beach. It’s spooky, really.
The upside is I’ve become really good at getting out of them due to all the practice.

• Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : Nicklaus Club (Songdo), Arrowhead GC (Littleton CO), and hidden gem-Roosevelt in Griffith Park
  • Best part of your game : Probably mental TBH
  • Shot that you hate the most : Depends on the day, lately long irons have been giving me trouble.
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : Gotta be Tiger.

I’m the exact opposite. I virtually never find the sand traps

1 Like
  • Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played): Sweetens Cove, Torrey South, Dye French Lick
  • Best part of your game: Putting
  • Shot that you hate the most: 165-180 downhill (ball below) to an elevated green
  • Favorite golfer (past or present): Freddie Couples

Top 3: St Endoc (Cornwall, UK), Glenagles (Scotland) and PGA Catalunya (Girona, Spain).

Best part: Driving

Most hated shot: Greenside bunker

Fav Golfer: Tiger

Which course at Olde Homestead (or is it not the resort in VA)? I stayed there once and saw there were 2 courses - 1 on property which didn’t look special (though it was winter) and one just up the street which looked really cool from the road

• Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : Southern Hills Plantation, DC Ranch, Crumpin Fox
  • Best part of your game : mid irons? (not sure I have any good parts lately)
  • Shot that you hate the most : any shot with the ball well below my feet
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : Tiger
  • Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : Ballybunion Old Course, Mammoth Dunes, Wolf Creek
  • Best part of your game : Driver
  • Shot that you hate the most : Any bunker shot longer than 40 yards
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : :tiger2:

@openfacelefty @TimS @jon isn’t the 45-60 yard bunker shot what is referred to as the hardest shot in golf? I understand why, it’s right in between what you can do effectively.

Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : Rockwood, Sweetens Cove, Poppy Hills

• Best part of your game : :bomb:'s and :boxing_glove: out’s
  • Shot that you hate the most : provisional re-tee or forced lay-ups
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : My son

For some reason, I love that shot! It’s not easy, but fun when you pull it off. I normally use a pitch swing with gap wedge. Will stop on a dime if you catch it clean or will run out a bit if you catch it fat.

1 Like

I like that idea. It is so hard to practice, I guess that’s what makes it hard. There aren’t many places that have a fairway bunker to a green to practice the shot, so when you’re practicing it, its usually in a round where it counts. I do like how the ball stops though when you catch it clean from the bunker.

2 Likes

I sure think it is, @Gisclairj. I know that it a shot I don’t get to practice enough and therefore am very inconsistent with it.

1 Like

Big ups for the strong dad move listing your boy as your favorite golfer. Love it.

2 Likes
  • Top 3 favorite courses: Belfry Brabazon (UK), Riviera Cancun, Jack Nicklaus course at Moon Palace hotel
  • Best part of your game: short game at the moment. Varies round to round!
  • Shot that you hate the most: 3 foot putt when the thought of missing ends my mind
  • Favorite golfer (past or present): Rory

So far with all the favorite courses I haven’t played anyone else’s. Not too surprising since I haven’t traveled a ton to play, but would have thought I’d see something I’ve played before (pinehurst, sawgrass, etc)

• Top 3 favorite courses (you’ve played) : TPC Scottsdale, Prairie Dunes, LionsGate
  • Best part of your game : Driver
  • Shot that you hate the most : Any Bunker shot…although i can pull off some good greenside shots
  • Favorite golfer (past or present) : DJ…his ability to move on from bad play or experiences is truly amazing

TPC Scottsdale is such a fun course.

2 Likes

Crumpin Fox was also on my list. Nice tough track they have over there.

1 Like