At Home Simulators

I started with a Perfect ReAction golf mat. It was OK, but definitely grabbed your irons. I have a history of tendonitus in my right arm and bad wrists to boot, so I upgraded to a Fiberbuilt mat. I love the Fiberbuilt, it’s expensive but worth it in my book.

1 Like

So I’m probably going to be returning my Skytrak. It’s missing 95% of shots. It’s setup exactly how it’s supposed to be. Problem has to be the unit. Not sure if I want to warranty it for a new one or not. Pretty soured on it and really really disappointed.

1 Like

That sucks… are you going a different brand or just rerouting the money to other golf activities?

I don’t know. I really want/need something for home and was hoping Skytrak was it. I don’t know if I just got a bad unit, but I’m really unhappy. I don’t have the space for the Mevo+, so I may just have to wait until we have a new house with a better space.

1 Like

Ah, well… good luck! Maybe give it another chance if it’s the best option for your space?

That stinks, the only shots my Skytrak ever missed were chips and putts. Unfortunately, Mevo+ is the only other viable option at that price point that I know of.

I think I figured it out. Did a bunch of reading last night and apparently if you have a higher swing speed it struggles, so you just move the ball back about an inch from the laser dot and make sure the logo is facing the laser. Played with it this morning and it didn’t miss a shot. Wish I had done a little more “unofficial” research from the beginning. Just need to be more intentional when placing the ball and should be good to go.

Whew. What a relief.

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out. I remember having to put balls that were teed up behind the dot, but everything else I could put on the dot. I am far from a high swing speed guy though.

@THEZIPR23 what type of enclosure is that. I can’t buy a new house this year, but I don’t want to delay my practice time. :slight_smile:

Strong chicago manual of style cameo in this pic

Just need a copy of caro’s power broker to keep it company

1 Like

Net return pro. Easy setup but not really that portable. Works great though.

Sorry, I was actually talking about the enclosure around the net. Is that something you built yourself or a kit?

https://www.thenetreturn.com/collections/golf-nets/products/pro-series-v2 all in one package.

I’m sorry I forgot what picture I had posted. It is a garage in a box.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/shelterlogic-garage-in-a-box-for-suvtruck?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Nb|Generic|CatchAll|DSA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0emHBhC1ARIsAL1QGNdICcKiH8pdyHLLCEpxXWX5gMbt2529-Tx5YLRZqQw7kkIm7KRGPOgaAroXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t know they made those.

1 Like

Hoping this is just the start of progressing to a more comprehensive home simulator. I don’t have space in the house or in the garage so backyard was my only option and I needed something I could take down fairly easy to get my wife on board. It’s pretty primitive but it’s been great for working on my face and ground contact. Of course the net, hitting mat, a couple of eyelet screws in the eaves and my kettlebells to weigh it down and the setup wasn’t too expensive.

Eventually I hope to get a Skytrak so I can really get feed back other than my foot spray strike on the clubface. Anyone have any experience with a somewhat pop up simulator setup like this where it’s outside and it has to be set back up and taken down each time? Also any suggestions to help improve it overall? I’m getting a little bit of bound back and some roll up into the eave when i set my weights too far out and I hit my higher lofted clubs.

4 Likes