At Home Simulators

This is the right play.

1 Like

This is my original Skytrak setup. It came out better than I could have imagined.

5 Likes

Love it. Who has tips for getting this thing connected? I, for the life of me, can not get the app and unit to connect and I’m not tech stupid. It’s driving me nuts.

The only connection issues I had were when I would try to connect in networ mode, but I think that was a wifi issue. Direct mode always worked for me.

2 Likes

Are you using an iPad? Have you ever tried with an iPhone? I’m two days in and haven’t been able to get mine connected. Probably going to have to get on the phone with Skytrak on Monday. Annoying.

1 Like

+1 for proper priorities :+1:

1 Like

You are my hero!!!

1 Like

I only used an Android phone or a laptop.

1 Like

We have been thinking we may downsize in a few years, but now I want to add on to my house! I need higher ceilings!

2 Likes

Got everything working with the Skytrak. Had to get a new iPad for it to work, but we were overdue for one anyway. The kiddo will get the old one.
Got my “sim bay” as set up as it can be in the space we have. I think I’ve given up my garage parking space, but it’s worth it to me.

3 Likes

What’s everyone using for mats for your setup?

Mine is fine. It’s semi-upgraded. I don’t find that I have any issues with my wrists or club damage, but I’m not 100% sold on it. It’s a 5’x4’ that I had to build a platform for to level it since my garage floor is sloped. It works, but I’m not sure if it’ll hold up now that I’m using it a lot more.

1 Like

I started with a Perfect ReAction golf mat. It was OK, but definitely grabbed your irons. I have a history of tendonitus in my right arm and bad wrists to boot, so I upgraded to a Fiberbuilt mat. I love the Fiberbuilt, it’s expensive but worth it in my book.

1 Like

So I’m probably going to be returning my Skytrak. It’s missing 95% of shots. It’s setup exactly how it’s supposed to be. Problem has to be the unit. Not sure if I want to warranty it for a new one or not. Pretty soured on it and really really disappointed.

1 Like

That sucks… are you going a different brand or just rerouting the money to other golf activities?

I don’t know. I really want/need something for home and was hoping Skytrak was it. I don’t know if I just got a bad unit, but I’m really unhappy. I don’t have the space for the Mevo+, so I may just have to wait until we have a new house with a better space.

1 Like

Ah, well… good luck! Maybe give it another chance if it’s the best option for your space?

That stinks, the only shots my Skytrak ever missed were chips and putts. Unfortunately, Mevo+ is the only other viable option at that price point that I know of.

I think I figured it out. Did a bunch of reading last night and apparently if you have a higher swing speed it struggles, so you just move the ball back about an inch from the laser dot and make sure the logo is facing the laser. Played with it this morning and it didn’t miss a shot. Wish I had done a little more “unofficial” research from the beginning. Just need to be more intentional when placing the ball and should be good to go.

Whew. What a relief.

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out. I remember having to put balls that were teed up behind the dot, but everything else I could put on the dot. I am far from a high swing speed guy though.

@THEZIPR23 what type of enclosure is that. I can’t buy a new house this year, but I don’t want to delay my practice time. :slight_smile: