ARRCOS Caddie Link

Got my new ARRCOS Caddie Link last night and it has been charging for over an hour now. Anyone else have this occur the first time?

I’ve had my eye on this product for a while. Perhaps it’s best to reach out to their customer service.

Please let us know how it goes when you do try it out on the course. My biggest gripe with Arccos was that it required a cell phone in your pocket to record your shots, which is a deal breaker for me. But with the new Caddie Link, I think they’ve removed one of the only problems with their product.

Would love to hear your experience when you get it up and running. I’m mostly interested in how effective it is at tracking shots - I know their stats portal is top notch.

1 Like

I’m interested in hearing more about Arccos shot tracking too!

I have the ShotScope v3, and while I think it’s a great product, there’s no strokes gained stats, and I’m not even sure if it would be useful for putting since the accuracy of putts has been unimpressive for me (although I’m not sure it’s realistic to expect a GPS system to be accurate within 5-10 ft).

I’ve spoken to the folks over at Shot Scope about strokes gained, and it should be ready in Spring 2021. I know that’s a feature everyone wants, but they told me they are taking their time to do it right. Not all strokes gained are created equal! (if that makes sense)

As for putting, I think that is a limitation of any GPS technology. They might be boosting the GPS signal on a future firmware update to help with this, but it will come at the expense of battery life. Technology is always a balancing act.

2 Likes

I received mine a week or so ago. Charged overnight so not sure how long it took. As far as the shot-tracking, it is just as if not more accurate than using your phone. Misses the occasional putt or so, but very good on full shots. Very easy to use - even my eleven year old son has no problem setting up and using. One reason I wanted b/c for him having a large cell phone in his pocket is troublesome. Also - he plays competitively and the link is allowed during rounds where cell phones typically are not.

Also - prior to having the Caddie Link, I could not play music on Bluetooth speaker. Using the link “frees up” the Bluetooth I guess and now can both play music and use Arccos.

So for me - has been a purchase well worth it.

How did you get a response from Shot Scope? After an initial response, there has been nothing but silence to my remapping request. It is my home course and involves 2 new holes, so my new V3 is pretty much useless for now. I have been using Arccos Smart Sensors instead (thanks to Ping), but do not like to carry my phone and am reluctant to order the Caddie Link on top of my V3 purchase.

Good to know. Thanks, Jon!

I just submitted a request to ARRCOS about charging time. If it is still charging at 11:00 AM, I will call their hotline when they open.

1 Like

That’s great to hear, I’m hoping to test it out myself soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Usually, I’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback about their customer service. But they are a small company and do get busy, so hopefully they will respond to your request soon.

Thanks for your feedback…I do like the V3!

Arrcos customer service has been great to me!
I received a sensor that did not work, had a new one to me within a couple of days.
I am interested to hear more about the link too.
Does anyone know if purchase/activation of the link gets another free year of subscription? I received the smart sensors as a gift last year and love them, but the annual subscription of $99 is a bit annoying (even if it is worth it!).

1 Like

I got mine two weeks ago, first time just charged overnight. Holds charge fine for round, haven’t tried more than one round on a charge yet. First use it disconnected on its own after 15 holes, but have used it since and works great. Really like not having phone in my pocket. Very light, unnoticeable wearing it.

1 Like

BTW I had to request the same remapping request to Arccos and they completed the updates in less than 2 working days.

1 Like

I have had 2 sensors die, and the customer service I received was really impressive. Very quick shipping on replacement pieces. I am a user that bought before the subscription plan so was concerned I might be treated differently, but very impressed. I use the SuperStroke adaptor on my putter which has been an excellent add on.

1 Like

Got my link this week, all charged and ready to go. Have been anxiously awaiting its arrival. Now just need to get out to play. Love the arccos products. Have always gotten great customer service. Sometimes even unsolicited when their system flagged a problem.

I agree with Troy here. Service is amazing. I’ve been on Arrcos for three years and they’ve always helped me with sensor issues and grips. I’d like to try Shot Scope to get out of the annual fee but the service is so good I’m sticking with them.

1 Like

Anyone have issues with the apple watch working consistently for Arrcos? I’ve had issues where it gets locked on a previous hole or resets all together during a round.

Final Result: It took four hours to get a solid blue and fully charged. So, I guess the correct method is to unpack, link with your phone, then charge overnight. Cannot wait until tomorrow to be phone-free.

2 Likes

Good news, The ARRCOS Help Desk got back with a response concerning charging. It normally takes 3-4 hours to fully charge new Links. From previous contacts with them I must say they have a pretty good Help Desk.

1 Like