$500 Per Iron! Would You Pay It?

This is awesome. It’s interesting what people are willing to spend money on…

I yelled at a golf buddy for wearing an expensive watch and a ripped glove… his $5 MG gloves hadn’t arrived in time.

I don’t understand how the golf equipment industry works!

1 Like

I just spent $900 on irons which I thought was a lot so no I wouldn’t spend it, but if you have the money and love the irons then I wouldn’t question it. People will always spend big money on things that they don’t need to, but bring them joy.

I always get a kick out of playing golf at my father-in-law’s country club. Some of the members are current and former pro athletes, big time investment bankers, etc…ie they are wealthy. They drive up in cars costing more than my house and their watch would cover my kids college tuition, but some of them will play the same clubs for 15 years and they’ll hunt for a Top-Flite ball for the full allotted time. Others are just as rich, but they drive 10 year old Toyotas and wear a 30 year old Timex, but then buy new clubs monthly. If there is platinum status with PXG they probably have it. You can predict what the masses will do, but it’s really hard to predict what an individual will do.

2 Likes

Just @ me next time bro.

Yes at this point in my life im in a race against time to get better. I cant afford time more than i cant afford money.

If i believed it would lower my handicap two strokes four thousand dollar irons would be a tremendous value to me personally.

I wouldnt have said that twenty years ago but i also thought i would get better at golf twenty years ago and never did. :rofl:. Now as the good professor said, im happy to buy a game, if it were possible.

1 Like

I mean, depending on what your times worth, if a $4000 set saves you 40 hours of extra practice, it’s well worth it…

Golf is such a weird game, and it’s hard to know how to properly allocate resources…

Just because there isn’t a magical wand doesn’t mean there isn’t a better fit… my current philosophy is spend the money and do it right and make sure you are confident in what you buy…

You shouldn’t be second guessing any aspect of your equipment… but figuring out if it’s you or the clubs is always a big step.

I’ve played golf with guys wearing 10k watches and 20 year old sets… doesn’t make sense to me, but it’s not my money.