Wrist roll/rotation

If you found the answer to your own golf swing, congratulations. You said you worked hard for 5 years, perhaps other simple method could be easier ? Now that you have a long time to mold your style and you’ll be better off stay with it, because it’ll take longer to change.
Did anyone tell Trevino he has a loopy back swing ? Of course not, because he was beating those with a more perfect swing plane.

I think what I’ve stumbled upon–but confirmed by watching DTL video of many players–is simple. One of the main pieces of advice given to players is that by the time of left arm parallel on the backswing, the clubface should be in a slightly closed position. That’s an easy check in practice when you can stop and look at static positions, but impossible to do in a dynamic swing on the course.

Without looking, though, I’ve found that moving the wrist the way I’ve described gets the clubface in this position. It also reduces the tendency to yank the club back inside the line too quickly. Addressing two swing faults with one move that I think is easy to feel after several repetitions with that goal in mind–I understood the concept in less than five swings–is the very definition of simple for me.

1 Like

Very good.

For myself, as I get aged; All it seems to matter for me is the result.
I used to shun on the game improvement irons, I had learned the game with muscle back irons and always liked the feel and the pride of carrying a set of blades. This changes when eye sight and physical ability sliding away.
Now, anything makes the golf ball fly like they used to for me , is beautiful.
Whatever works for you is good, just don’t ignore the possible easier way to get to “Rome”.
I am, open to anything that will help retain my game. As my first instructor told me, I didn’t have it to go professional but, sure could impress the amateur playing partners if that means anything.
So, if the hard work you put in works for you, keep it and move on. Don’t chase after the “perfect” swing plane or numbers from the L/M.
There are stories of the demise of many tour players whom had won majors, lost their game after they tried to “perfecting” their golf swing.