Winter Practice ideas (new podcast)

Adam Young and I have been wanting to start doing podcasts for a long time together. Well, we finally started! Here is our first episode on winter practice:

We’ll work more on editing, getting it uploaded to apple/spotify/etc, and of course, giving it an official name soon. But we wanted to start recording and getting the info out sooner than later, so be patient with us :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looking forward to this!

Here’s my over thought version of how to name it… if you want something simple and obviously golf related, I’ve suggested saving par before and will do so again… simple concept and speaks to what you guys are about… making good decisions and avoiding big mistakes.

If you are less concerned with a golf word in the title… I like “the differential”… speaks to a big piece of adams philosophy, and there probably aren’t a ton of math nerd podcasts out there… short, memorable and speaks to practicing in a different way… differential golf also works.

You are also welcome to steal my favorite word from a month ago… “actionable golf”…

Im looking forward to hearing you guys talk golf!

2 Likes

Saving Par has crossed my mind as well and seems like a logical choice. We’ll try to bounce some ideas off one another. Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

name suggestion: ‘Your best golf’
with the emphasis on your

2 Likes

Podcast was good. Now back to chasing scratch… :joy:

1 Like

Great stuff @jon / @Adamyounggolf. Love the ongoing evolution of your contributions to the golf industry (no cookie cutter approach, nor monetisation of things that can be easily monetised but don’t add value to the regular golfer). :clap:t2::muscle:t2::facepunch:t2:

Wow, @jon’s voice doesn’t sound how I thought it would?! Not in a bad way just different.

3 Likes

thank you, appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

I’m not much into podcasts, but… Since Golf Channel changed around their format and “Golf Today” talk seems to be on more hours than actual golf… I thought I’d give this a try while exercising…

Well, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and value of the content! It sounds (literally) like you two guys really enjoyed doing this together, and that added to it. Some good info in there, thx!!

3 Likes

that’s wonderful to hear, thanks for taking time out of your day to listen to it!

2 Likes

I really want a launch monitor now for dialled in wedge distances!

4 Likes

That’s my goal for February!

1 Like

I’ve found my SC300 is really accurate with my wedges indoors (haven’t had a chance to test outside yet) and the Target setting trying to hit specific distances has been awesome.

4 Likes

That’s interesting … I’ve heard and read the opposite happens a lot of the time… Is there a minimum distance below which it doesn’t seem to work so well?

2 Likes

I’ve been sticking to 70-130 for my wedge distance practice. I brought it with me to test next to Trackman at Club Champion and they were all pretty much within 1.5 yards, which is accurate enough for me for winter indoor practice.

3 Likes

Sitting here looking at the GCQUAD and trying to calculate the odds of my wife leaving me if I were to pull the trigger

Edit: $166 per month with Acorn Finance ?!?!?! LMAO on getting 10 year financing on launch monitor.

3 Likes

With that type of financing you are losing money not doing it!

My guess is simulator pricing is going to continue to drop, so wait until next season.

Haha it’s a big investment. I’m probably going to get one at some point because I think it can enhance the experiments I’m doing on the site with the extra data.

But to be honest, for recreational use, SkyTrak is still an incredible value. The numbers aren’t that far off.

1 Like

Plenty of houses for sale in Louisville near my club… we will have two gcquads up and running next month for $80 a year…

1 Like

Can you say “business expense”?!?!?!

I agree with @craigers on the pricing trends. Additionally, a 5 year goal of mine is to save up some money for a remodel for our house. If I can still equity finance at 2.75% there could be a full simulator / golf lab build out :slight_smile:

2 Likes