Winter golf: Long shadows and high hopes

To quote a lyric from my favourite 80s band The The…

Nice early 9 holes before work. Played reasonably well (2 on the par 3, 3rd over water :sunglasses:). Bizarre situation on the 9th, par 3. Thinned it, ball flew towards greenside bunker, hit the top and went over. Walked up expecting to see my ball on the green, maybe just off the back. Never found it!?

5 Likes

Did you check the hole?

That’s a great looking view. Such a wonderful time of year.

I did check the hole :wink: and the bunker and a wide scout of the surrounding area behind the green. And in all the obvious rabbit scrapings, under leaves in the bunkers. Completely nonsensical

1 Like

Was it plugged just under the lip? Sometimes it looks like balls land over bunkers when in fact they have gone in.

I’ll look out for it on the weekend! :laughing:

1 Like

Love fall golf! Fewer people on the course, comfortable temps, and great seasonal views.

Sadly not fewer people on my course - hardy bunch! Good for the club’s prosperity though to be busy year round

We are getting our first real snow of the year today. Just a few inches but it makes it hard to find that ball even if you man up and get out there lol. There will be some more days of golf but few and far between before winter sets in.

I had the course to myself today, 4 pm, 9 holes . Also found out the hybrids I awaited, were lefty! (I’m a righty) On a whim, I hit one lefty - didn’t go far but it was straight…Could barely see the fluorescent green ball finishing 9. But no bunkers and only one penalty…

1 Like

I love that you tried to hit leftie! Embrace the mistake and enjoy the moment.

1 Like