What's your worst time while practicing

most of us have experiences so lets share ideas on how to avoid them, I’m gladdly awaiting your respose let so keep your comments comminf

1 Like

Went to the practice fairway to try and sort of my shanks and kept shanking it.

2 Likes

It’s a long list… but I look back at some of my putting practice and shake my head… gate drills to improve contact when I had 0 speed control… ugh.

1 Like

Not being totally focused on accomplishing anything, particularly with putting/chipping. Kind of a going through the motions sort of thing.

2 Likes

Just recently I could not stop hitting these push shots off the toe…literally half a ball mark on the toe of a 460cc driver half a dozen shots in a row…nothing was working. Several range sessions in a row like this and I was afraid to go play. Played twice this weekend and was ok though…go figure.

2 Likes

There was a guy here on the practice tees who got bit by a copperhead and got airlifted to a local hospital. I TOLD him a two-iron wasn’t gonna work…

1 Like

‘No swing on snek.’

I feel fortunate that I’ve not had to deal with any animals in either my practice or rounds, besides mosquitoes…and some sort of mating, red-headed bugs that evidently think I’m the insect equivalent of the high school date night naughty nook. Stop swarming me already.

The time I unintentionally cleared the right side driving range net with a towering, rocket launch slice was pretty bad. No glass, no foul though.

Two occasions come to mind. One…I bought a large bucket of balls to work on a couple of specific things. Once I got to the range I found the hitting area set up on a down hill lie in longer grass. Behind me was large pristine areas that they were saving. Saving for what I do not know.
Two… I was in the short game area practicing pitch shots from 20-30 yards. Working on crisp contact…I was taking small divots. After about 25 shots a guy comes up on a tractor and tells me to stop destroying the grass.

1 Like