What's In The Bag?

Update:

Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero
Fairway: Ping G410 3 wood (14.5 degrees)
Hybrids: Taylormade RBZ Tour, 18.5 and 21.5
Irons: Callaway Steelhead XR, 5-AW
Wedges: Sub70, 54 and 58
Putter: Odyssey V-Line Arm-lock
Ball: Snell MTB-X

3 Likes

Im tempted by the sub70 wedges, as I love sub70… but I want more bounce and width options!

Stay tuned. I believe they have some additional wedge options arriving soon!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m waiting on a number of releases from them! Really excited about the ta3 irons.

@Sub70_Jay any eta on this stuff?

1 Like

I’m glad to see someone who carries Ben Hogan clubs. I have a set of senior Hogan blades and love them. I think they are quality and timeless irons. I don’t use them on a regular basis but enjoy using them occasionally.

3 Likes

I carry a Callaway Epic driver and 3 wood, Cobra Baffler 3 & 4 hybrids, with Ping G2 4&5 irons and PXG 6-G, Callaway S &L wedges and a SeeMore putter. It’s a mixed bag but the setup work for me.

2 Likes

My bag:
Irons: 3 thru SW
Original Ping Eye - Black
True Temper Dynamic Gold -Stiff
Driver:
TaylorMade R7 Super Quad - Reg flex
3W:
Mizuno - 15 yes old
Putter:
Odyssey- Rossie (mallet)
Balls:
TaylorMade - Tour Response

… I know, old set up but I know how far and where they go!

3 Likes

That’s the kind of bag I see and say “I’m not playing THAT guy for money”…

1 Like

SeeMore is actually active here and just gave away a putter… They are fun to have and have some good tips!

That’s an interesting bag, but if it works, it’s works!

I always liked the Hogan Apex and wanted a set in High School… The new hogan stuff looks great, but I’ve been buying DTC from Sub70 because I enjoy their customer service (I haven’t given Hogan a chance!)

Hey thanks for your post. I agree Hogan’s are well made clubs. I happened to find a set of senior Apex’s several years ago and really like them. I know my bag is unusual but I put the clubs in that I hit well and rather play as such.

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness in responding and I look forward to gaining insights in the coming days. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season, Ray

Sent from Dr Ray Luccasen’s iPhone

1 Like

You are probably correct. Great comment. Ray

You are probably correct. Great comment. However, whenever someone asks to play for money I run as fast as I can. Ray

1 Like

Lol… since moving to California in 2006, I have played 3-4 rounds per year (ugh). I grew up in Western NY and was enjoying Country Club life and playing about 35 rounds per year. My game is no where near it was but still can sneak a high 70’s round in.

California is tough… great weather year round, but expensive…

I’m in Kentucky and won’t play again until February, but my course isn’t too expensive and a decent track.

Here’s my current setup:

Taylormade M3 Driver
Taylormade M3 5 Wood
Taylormade M3 4 Hybrid
Cobra Speedzone 5-GW Irons
Cleveland CBX2 54 & 58 Wedges
Cleveland RTX4 62 Wedge
Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow Balls

2 Likes

Updated for 2021

D: Cobra SZ w/HZRDUS Smoke Green Hulk
3w: Cobra SZ same shaft
Hy: Srixon Z H85
4-PW: Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/KBS C Taper 130x
Wedges: Callaway MD5 Jaws 50/54/58
Putter: EVNRoll ER2 Black
Ball: ProV1

Going in to test a couple new drivers next week. I smash my Cobra, but I have a tendency to lose it left of left and I really want to hit the Titleist TSi3 some more and try the Callaway Epic Max LS.

2 Likes

Assume you like the Evnroll? My buddy has an Evnroll and I think it feels great. Would like to get my hands on their new Mid-lock putter.

1 Like

Putting has always been the thing that’s held me back from taking the next step. I’m not saying this putter is going to get me back to playing a mini tour, but it feels like an extension of me. I absolutely love it.

2 Likes

Playing:
Driver: mavrik sub zero
2nd driver: adams 12 degree speedline
Hybrid: sub70 949 pro 19 degree
4 utility: sub70 699
5 iron: 639 cb sub70
6-gw: adams cmbs
54 degree 286 sub70
58 degree jb low bounce sub70
Seemore Trimetal mallet

No idea what ball I’m playing this year.

I mean but what if it does!!

Jpx921 look sexy

1 Like