What's In The Bag?

Ordered new irons last night. TM P770 5-P w/ DG 105. Totally NOT what I thought I would get (head or shaft), but I tried a ton of stuff and nothing else was close.

5 Likes

Finally played some golf after a year of tennis…

woof

traded the T100s in for callaway apex… daddy needs a cavity back

2 Likes

The Apex 21s are nifty. Not in a purchasing mood (for an iron set, anyway) when I demo’d them but if I was, I probably would have walked with the DCB version.

T100s just not forgiving at all?

Occurs to me that I’ve not made an entry here. With the caveat this is going to very likely change soon…
1W: Titleist 905R, 10.5 degree, UST Proforce 76g, Stiff. And they mean it.
3W: Maxfli Blue Max, 15 degree, stock regular shaft.
5W: Titleist 913f, 19 degrees, turned down .75 degree I think.

3I-9I, Ping i3+, Black Dot lie, with matching stock Ping R-flex steel, though lengthened one inch.

PW, 46 degree Ping G10. White Dot lie. Stock Ping S-flex shaft.

52 and 56, pretty sure 10 bounce on both, standard length, 2 upright lie, Callaway MD5 Jaws, with DG TI X100 shafts.

Putter, used to be a Plop, center-shafted 35 inch. Now is a fairly old Ping Anser gooseneck, unknown length (but needs to be a hair longer) and two strips of lead foil in the center… Superstroke Tour 2.0 grips

Currently liking GolfPride MCC +4 Aligns on the irons, with about two extra wraps. So not quite midsized. Woods either get GolfPride Z-Grip or some black GolfPride Mizuno marked grips I have. (My understanding is that the adjustable hosel, also adjusts the shaft rotation. Which bollixes up that handy-dandy Align ridge)

Used to use Iomics Sticky 2.3, but my they’re squishier than i like.

got the ZX5s in July… C-Taper Xs on back order still… finally agreed to take the S400 Tour Issues… hoping they get delivered soon…

Upgrading wedges at some point this season… really liked the callaways (The nipper groove and I seemed to get along) but might got Titleist.

2 Likes

In your opinion, how do those feel vs DG X100? I guess it depends on which weight of C-Taper. Just curious.

I suspect the Callaway fitter put me in the DG because that’s what he had. Not disappointed—other than that I still don’t have the clubs—but curious about the other side of the fence.

Supply issues have just been brutal lately, in a lot of fields.

1 Like

I really liked the C-Tapers. I had them in 130.

The X100s ended up generating more spin for me than the S400s… I like the feel of both.

I’m not super sensitive in terms of feel… I generically just prefer heavier clubs.

1 Like

I did a trade on callway pre-owned

great deal… sticks look awesome… only paid like $300 net

I hit the apex’s during my fitting 18 months ago and almost bought them so I knew I liked them

1 Like

That is a fantastic deal on those. Granted, it cost you a set of clubs, but I’ve always been a trade-in guy vs trying to sell them on my own.

I probably would have bought clubs that day, if it’d have only cost me 3 bills…

Getting twitchy to go play…

WITB 2022 - This is it, until I improve overall strike quality.
5w - 17°, 4hy - 23°, 7i - 32°, pw - 43°, sw - 53°
I’ve tried it in the past & it was more pleasurable, cuz I don’t keep score.

3 Likes

I’m interested in how quickly this helps your strike quality. Keep us posted.

2 Likes

That’s a great buddy to have!

Love the Ventus Black velocore. Didn’t know anything really about it before i tried it, either. Then i was all, “This feels different.”

I hate to say it’s worth the money—I certainly haven’t tried every shaft out there—but damn it’s a smooth feeling low/low.

Bit of an update. The irons are now new-to-me i210s 3-PW, with TI X-100s. Green dot. My sky-high launch problem is over, LOL. Launch angles are now ~.5 of the static loft. Vs. nearly .8-.9 before. Swing change may have a little to do with it too…

Still redonkulous spin though. Felt like I topped a PW; still a hair under 9000 rpm, and 130 yds.

Ebay price i couldn’t refuse.

Also looking forward to trying an 'ahina 82-X in the 910f 5W. 42 inches. It’s just a tad stout, playing around with it at home.

And another update. 1W is now a Ping G425 Max 10.5, with stock Alta CB 55X. First three drives and beyond, “PING!!” boring straight, 8-12-ish launch, 250-carry, rolling to 285 per Trackman. With me mishitting it all over the face. (110-ish CHS, 150-155 ball speed. -attack angle, oodles of spin: lots of room for improvement.)

Just consistent. S-flex, if I got aggro in the transition, it’d flick left. X-flex, nope. About as zero adjustment to the club as I’ve ever had picking up a new club. It just works.

The sound doesn’t bug me. I can see where it’d bug the crap out of people though.

Something about not keeping score always seems to make the ga,e more enjoyable.

1 Like

I don’t keep my scores either, unless I’m playing a match (but I know what I scored, regardless)… I have however hit multiple balls on the course just tooling around when we open a gap on the group behind and are waiting on the group in front. We do not slow down play.

1 Like

So far so good. Strike is about 70% good, was maybe 50%, before my experiment. Real improvement was chippy/pitchy shots. Leaving myself more 1st putts inside 12’.
Kinda hurt my driving though. I think a few more practice sessions & rounds of golf will get me back to 50% FWs & probably another 15-20% playable rough shots.

2 Likes

You thinking about adding the driver back to the bag yet?

Yes it’s back in.
1st round with it was 5 shots, FW & 2 light/medium rough, 2 deep rough, 2 OB.
2nd round was 6 FW & 2 lt./med rough, 3 deep rough, 1 OB.
Strike ok, but, L to R flight. Working on fixing face, it’s probably open say 5°. Path seems pretty straight. Give or take 2°.

I have Titleist TSi2 Driver, 3 wood 4 hybrid 5 hybrid PXG 0311 P Gen 4 6-GW Sugar Daddy 54* and 60* Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Tel

4 Likes