What to wear in cold weather golf?

Again, this is probably the wrong question to ask. It is a matter of opinion since people are different and they react differently to different weather conditions. It would be incorrect to assume that if one person can play well in a given weather, others will too. For example, if one person can play in colder weather, that does not mean others will too. If a golfer is comfortable in cold weather, it does not mean that he/she will perform well in hot weather. The above-mentioned factors must be considered when choosing the right golf apparel. Here you will learn about the best mens base layers I have owned that keep my body comfortable and warm up so it’s the a suitable dress for you in golf.

This is what we do in the NW region ( not quite as cold as NE but with more moisture ).
If we need to wear bulky Winter jackets out doors, then it’ll not be suitable for golf. Golf courses would be closed because of frozen greens.
In the Spring and Autumn, we keep warm by wearing layers ( so we could take off a few layers if it turned out warmer later in the day ).
Keep your body from losing heat top down. Wear a head cover, wear long thermos underwear which is thin but keeps you warm and dry. A middle layer then the outer layer. Plus a thin vest if needed.
Last but not least, wear something that will keep your feet warm. Over here the Merino Wool blend socks worked well. Wear a pair of golf shoes which is water proof ( breathable). Never go cheap on your footwear in cold weather or in warmer weather.
Again, if we need to wear down jacket, then it’ll be too cold to golf.
Keep your head, feet and fingers warm.
Pocket hand warmer is okay, the gloves with electric warmer works the best ( can be attached to the handle of the push cart ).
Double gloved to keep fingers warm, if we’re dealing with moisture, then the Winter gloves will be needed to prevent slipping.
I had been on the golf courses when it’s below freezing in the early morning hours, but in these days I’ll let the youngsters have the fun.

1 Like

Isn’t this spam? Posting a link for free advertising?

2 Likes

OP did not post the link; it could be done by pretending from other posters, but that’ll be a lot of work.

The “mens base layers” text has the link, and yes, it’s a form of spam. Seen that type in a few other comments threads.

1 Like

Yes, it seems to be that way. Joined and posted the link the same day. No other posting besides that one.
We could chose to delete that post?
I mean, if anyone here wants to search for base layer clothing could easily be done without the link.

I usually just flag them as spam and move on.

I’m a big fan of UnderArmour’s cold weather stuff, like Storm3. NikeGolf makes some great, tight fitting but insulated, sweaters too.

Under Armour is great stuff, started using it since the 90’s before they were a household name brand. But it got pricy. Nike has some quality stuff also quite pricy. Been picking them up at outlet stores for last years color and style.
The 32 degree Heat from Kirkland brand is also very good and affordable by the volume. That’s what I use for underlayer through the Winter months here. Of course we don;t have really cold Winter months then again, there be no golf when the ground is frozen.