What putter type should a beginner use?

Hello everyone,
I want to play golf but I have some questions about Golf. I am very confused due to these questions.
What is the ideal putter style for me?
What is the most important feature to consider while choosing a putter?
What putter type should a beginner use?
and I want to purchase the best Putters Under $100. I saw many sites like Youtube, Amazone,best putters 2021 but I can’t decide which putter is best for me.
Can anyone guide me about it?

2 Likes

Different people need different putters… but the “wrong” putter isn’t going to create many problems for you if you buy a standard putter off the rack…

The standar anser style putter is great.

Tommy armour they make a perfectly fine option.

Mallet putter you can also get a mallet putter for $100

It’s worth going and rolling some putters and finding the style you like… there are plenty of putters to try, but if you build a good stroke they should all work. Long term, I recommend getting fit and buying your forever putter.

I really like my SeeMore and think they have some neat tech… plus the center shaft option is pretty helpful. They are also here sometimes. @SeeMorePutters any suggestions for someone looking for their first putter?

Welcome to the game! You’re going to love it.
When you’re beginning, really the big thing is to get something that fits your eye. What I mean by that is go to a shop and test a few in different styles to see what looks good to you looking down at behind a ball. Then go and put balls down 18 inches from a practice hole and see which putter you make the most putts with. What that tells you is you’re at least starting the ball on the correct line.
From there work on it, get some lessons, and eventually you’ll know exactly what you want equipment-wise, but this will get you started in the right direction.
Enjoy!!

1 Like

Putters are very personal and what looks good to one player looks way off to another. I like a mallet for the extended sightline. If you can get to a store and try some you’ll probably find certain types look better to you. If the store has various length putters you can try that to and see what feels more comfortable as well.

I wouldn’t spend a lot of money to start as if you get into the game you’re probably going to realize something else suits you better. If you have friends that have played the game a while you may even want to see if you can borrow a putter(s) to try. Most golfers have at least half a dozen in their basement lol.

Thanks for tagging us. Probably a little bias towards a SeeMore. Not only do we have many top amateurs, college and professionals using the putter because of the simple system of RifleScope Technology but also have many, many beginners and juniors use a SeeMore. The same reason why, we think, juniors and beginners should use it are the same reasons why the top players use it. It gives them a system and feedback for every putt.

Putting is hard. If you can find something that you can repeat on a daily (putt per putt) stroke then why wouldn’t you give it a try. A straight shaft SeeMore, we believe, works best for those just starting the game and for juniors. It gives them a solid foundation to work off of, simple to understand and easy to use, plus with less variables.

Naturally, the putter head has to look good and feel good to you. We can not say that you will make everything with a SeeMore but what we can say is that you will become consistent and more confident when making a putting stroke. Therefore you will begin to see more putts go in the hole. You will have a consistent set-up, consistent posture, consistent ball position, consistent loft and consistent alignment for each and every stroke.

Finally, when someone purchases or gets a SeeMore we do not want to hear from them for the last time - we want to hear from them for the first time because we know that it is going to be a great relationship and we are here to help as much as one needs. We are here with you every step of the way. Hope this helps. Thanks again for adding some info to this thread.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I love my seemore and think the RST is a huge help for getting lined up better… i realize it’s double what you wanted to spend, but they are definitely worth the money!

1 Like

I’m happy to apologize if I’m wrong, and it’s awesome to see everyone swoop in to help, but I’m pretty confident the OP is spamming the forum (to add a backlink to his website).

At least two key giveaways:

• Using very specific anchor text to link to the website he “researched” - “best putters 2021” - the “2021” is the most telling sign. No one unfamiliar with SEO is going to add that to a post

• The website he linked to is crappy. There are so many other websites that would come up first searching for something like that. Most reasonable people would link to something like MGS.

• He just joined an hour ago and is already dropping a link like this (that specific)

• His post isn’t well written - it’s either spun and/or was written and posted by someone outside the US (probably hired cheap to do exactly this)

This is based on experience, FWIW. I’ve worked for affiliate marketers for 11+ years, currently work for a company in a hyper competitive space, and build websites (and links) for myself. So, this isn’t me just being an asshole :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You’re probably right… still not a bad question and one that might be helpful for others.

1 Like

Fair point. It’s unlikely to do any harm, but I’d still remove the link. Think of it like “please don’t feed the animals.” We don’t want to encourage other spammers to drop their crappy links.

2 Likes

smiley

Here’s my take. Go to your local pro and take a couple lessons first…before you do anything. Let your pro give u a couple of suggestions. Knowing what I know now. I spent over a year playing without lessons and then had to unlearn everything I was doing because it was wrong starting with my grip. Learn the correct stuff first. The pro will suggest a putter style , a length and a weight. Then, after I kinda clued in, I’d go to Dicks. They have an indoor putting green. Try the different styles choose the one that puts the ball in the hole comfortably for you. Then go on line and purchase a “used version” of an expensive model and off ya go! I’d borrow clubs or the pro will provide clubs for your lessons then get fitted…I’m not kidding with this stuff… do it right and your experience will be all the better.

Yup. Smells SEO-y to me.

I’ve even seen this type of poster, in their post, add spam links to a quoted citation from upthread.

I really need to get off my butt and try a SeeMore though…LOL. Though I’ve been happy so far with my 30-some year old Plop.

2 Likes

If you are anywhere near Nashville, go see Cody and get fit… it’s an awesome experience.

Other than my putting 2 days ago, I’ve been insanely happy with my putter… and the problems had nothing to do with my putter, I just went cold.

We have a few different price points. Check us out here.
Or contact us at [email protected] or call 615-435-8015. More than happy to help.

1 Like