What is your preferred golf shoe?

One of my golf buddies wears nothing else but Ecco golf shoes.
He also goes through a pair in about two seasons.
Another guy who bought a pair of Ecco and somehow received water proof warranty and actually received 3 pairs of the shoes.
Which I don’t believe the OEM will give free warranty replacement anymore.
Most of them will have pro-rated value towards a new pair of golf shoes. Simply because some people will abuse the warranty like this guy.

Same issue here, except 10 v 10-1/2. but toe box width is a big thing for fit and comfort. It is one of the reasons I like Hokas, which is not a golf shoe. I do a thorough visual of the toebox or try to find some measurements. I’m about a computer click away from buying the Squairz so how did they work out for you?

There’s always someone who abuses the benefit and spoils it for the rest….unfortunately.

1 Like

Ecco Bioms, for the most part, have roomy toe boxes. It’s how I got on to Ecco in the first place after pinched toes in the first pair of golf shoes I owned by Adidas.

2 Likes

I’ve always worn spiked golf shoes. I started 18 hole golf in 1965, and it was metal spikes in those days. Took the game up again in the 1990’s and wore black New Balance plastic-spiked leathers. Later I couldn’t find New Balance golf shoes (did they stop making them at some point?), was told that Footjoy made extra wide golf shoes, so bought 2 pairs of black leather plastic spiked Footjoys. Now I’m back after the pandemic and those Footjoys are wearing out, so shopped golf shoes and see that New Balance are making them. I typically wear New Balance shoes for anything, buy nothing else unless I can’t find New Balance… in 11 4E. I have picked up 3 pairs now with soft spikes. I’m not willing to try spikeless, I figure the traction is going to be nil quick enough. I typically play first thing in the morning when the grass is wet, always walk, and anything I wear is going to be clogged with clumps of wet grass after a hole or two. With a brush mat, I can get some traction, I figure more than with any spikeless shoe.

1 Like

I miss those days hearing the metal clicking on the walkway. It is not fair for only the professionals could still wear the metal spiked golf shoes.
Yes, the shoe mat at every tee box is important for cleaning the soft spikes. One of the guys I golf with carry a large shoe brush with him; because some of the shoe mat at the golf courses are worn out by mid-season.

That was me too. However, I’ve found that FJ in XW, not merely W, can indeed be a very wide shoe. Depending on the model.

Being in-between widths, I’ve had to wear 4E New Balances in the past, though I’m really a 2E to 3E, depending on weight. I’m in a 12W Hyperflex, and it’s almost too wide. It’s a very stretchy sock-like upper though. Pretty stable.

Still, I think you’ll be surprised by XW Footjoys, and the quality IMHO, is much better than anything New Balance puts out in the golf area. They don’t make a 1540 equivalent for golf.

True Linkswear has one of the largest toe box design. If you could head down to your local golf sore to try one pair of extra wide size .

Oregon Mudders are probably the best shoes on the market, unless one plays in the sunny part of the country.

The new post inspires me to provide an update. Hyperflex is a bit too wide—my foot is swimming around in the shoe. Not good when you’re getting fussy about which part of your foot needs to be shoving down when.

It could be me, of course, and my preference for something Lange-like from ski boot-land. Shrug. Back to the NBs.

(The round went terribly. Like “miss shots you practice multiple times a week,” terribly. 40 yrds to an open front pin for my 2nd, and blading the fu#*#*er long, right, and off the green.)

Just got to get back on the horse.