What is your preferred golf shoe?

We have spoken before about shoes on here and I pulled the trigger on the new balance a couple weeks ago. I have walked 3 rounds in them and it’s great. I wear an 11 4E, not quite the Sasquatch feet, just kind of built like the shape of a tissue box hahah

Love my first pair of New Balance golf shoes so far

4 Likes

dpeierson83 – which model? I was checking them out last night and they appear to run wide which is really important to me.

1 Like

I went with the Striker V2, I believe its called. New Balance is my brand for walking and running shoes, but I have used Sketchers and Footjoy in the past for golf. The Striker is not as comfortable as their everyday shoes. My walking shoes are 510’s, and my running shoes I think are the 1080’s Id have to check at home.

I feel like I may need an insole even if its just DR Scholls or something. They are really comfortable they just don’t have as much cushion. I base my shoe opinions on fit though, I LOATHE buying shoes of any kind because of the damn width. lol

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve worn Nike since high school so i originally thought “same great sneakers with golf cleats, what could go wrong?” Maybe there is a nike model that’s better but the cheaper one’s i’ve tried are both too narrow (despite ordering them extra wide) and started to fall apart and become unglued within a few months.

Edit: man, i sound like an old man

1 Like

I’m like 2 hours into wearing the footjoy hyperflex and love them… I don’t love the look, but i do love the fit.

1 Like

Brother if that is cheap…you and I are in different dimensions. I’m not sure I’ve ever spent more than $70 on a golf shoe…and certainly not ever come close to that on a “normal”…ie non-golf shoe. LOL

I guess that is why I wear shorts and sandals everywhere…even in the middle of Utah winters…

1 Like

My current golf shoes are New Balance as well - soft spikes. I’ve had poor luck with Nike’s and Callaway’s falling apart in the recent past.

Anyone on this forum tried https://golfkicks.com/ ? Basically adding soft-spikes to any type of shoe you want. I’ve not tried them, but my step-son (who has Gi-normous feet) loves them…since he struggles to find golf spikes that fit.

Haha, as i age, I’m more will to spend money on quality shoes… $135 for a new pair of shoes that fit properly is great.

1 Like

I have been wearing Ecco golf shoes since I started golfing 12 years ago and while they are expensive they are worth the money. Out of the box and onto the golf course, walk 18 holes and have no discomfort at all. The pair I just retired are 2 years old and I golf 100+ times a year in all conditions wet (they’re gortex), dry and frozen. My feet aren’t wide but I hate shoes that are tight at the toes and the “Biom” styles are not.
Final tip…hit the Ecco online store for sales and sign up for email with them for additional savings. The shoes I just retired retailed at $230 and I got them for $100. with the sale and online coupon they sent me.

4 Likes

Started wearing New Balance running shoes in the early 80s. They had great midsole cushion and their quality was great. They replaced Brooks Advantages which had real problems with QC. No matter the style I knew what NB shoe size to buy/order. They always fit well. When I first started with golf it was Footjoy and Adidas, until NB came out with their line. Since then, only NB. I have a pair of Black, White and just bought a gray pair. Walking 18 is much better in NB.

2 Likes

I’ll probably pick up a pair of NB this season, but I’m pretty happy with the FootJoys right now (we will see how they do over an entire round)

The following are in my rotation, I guess I like them all for different reasons:

• TRUE Linkswear Originals
  • G/Fore Gallivanter
  • Adidas (I actually don’t know the model, one of their higher end tour shoes)
  • Footjoy Pro SL
2 Likes

I wear the New Balance fresh foam shoes on the course and True Linkswear TL-1s off the course. I tried the True OGs but they looked like clown shoes to me and the zero heel did not work for me. So I went totally opposite with max cushioning and that was much better.

However, I love the True TL-1s that look like tennis sneakers and I also like supporting a local company.

1 Like

Gotta be somewhere a guy can get previous year models of golf shoes, right?

1 Like

6pm.com is decent for it… assuming you wear a common shoe size.

1 Like

I think spikeless is th best. Because don’t feel like the soft spikes are helpful for me at all and spikeless are more comfortable.

1 Like

I like WEARING spikeless shoes, but I never have confidence playing in them, especially if it’s wet out… I always struggle to find shoes in my size, so maybe I should give spikeless another run…

I have bought from here a few times gmamasgolf.com - lots of stock on slightly older models especially Adidas which I like for a walking shoe (I still like my FJ Classic leathers for riding) - good quick delivery/service, they also have some apparel as well.

1 Like

I went back to spikeless this year. I was going to continue with my Nikes, but either my few grew or they shrunk a bit. Pair of Adidas CodeChaos which are really comfy and have had good grip. Was also able to get a discontinued pair of True Linkswear Majors from FairwayStyles.com at a great price (first order was extra 20% off of sale price). I’ve always liked the TL minimalist feel, but it’s not for everyone.

1 Like