What does Tiger’s Future look like?

Dew…Mr Hogan was 36 when he got in his accident. Like I said, Hogan’s issue was circulatory. Did he have pain? Yes! It was Ben’s left side that was wrecked, not the right, the right is needed to post and create torque. Mr. Hogan’s main issue was Phlebitis from the walking. Woods injury is not circulatory. They are 2 totally different injuries and both could have resulted in not walking again or amputation. Woods injury has to do with whether or not over 72 holes he can put pressure on that right leg and not cause spiral fracture up the tibia that could then result in career over. He is going to have associated swelling in that leg, but the compression sleeves today will seriously curtail that. Hogan competed for years but was much younger than Mr Woods. But know this Woods is an athletic phenom. Golfers in those days far less. Not less talented mind you, but not as specifically physically trained as these guys are today… At least alot of them. There’s 91 competitors in the field, his swing looks very good, I don’t think he will fold under competition. Winning golf has ZERO to do with talent at their level… it boils down to course management and knowledge. SO, I’m going to be bold here and say I’ve already eliminated 70 golfers and Woods ain’t one of them. Question is can he beat the 20 and be the last 1 standing… all I know it’s going to be fun!

I’m not attacking Tiger Woods, Like I said, I liked him since he first appeared on the John Carson Show at the age of 3 and a half ?
Hogan was 42 when he almost won the 5th U.S. Open. On a very Hilly Olympic course in the Bay area. Now, I had never been on the grounds of Augusta National ( a few of my clients did ), but I had set foot on the Olympic ( Lake ? ), it was tough for a young guy to walk 18, let alone 72 + 18 playoff holes.
I was told, the Augusta National could be sluggish to walk with wet condition and several holes are hilly also.
Not disputing the level of injury of both golfers, statistic is lear. Each one of us can make their own opinion on which one is suffering more.
One was at the danger of losing his limb and one is at the danger of losing his life with multiple critical injury. The circulation issue of Hogan’s left leg was a cause by surgery to save his life, a minor one of the total damage but life long suffering.
One definitely had the advantage of much advanced medical care being 7 decades apart. My own experience was , after compound fracture on my left forearm and wrist, 2 titanium plates and 9 screws later; my surgeon okay for hitting irons 6 weeks after the surgery, Bones were healed but the rehab was mostly to regain the function of muscle and nerve damaged when they opened it up to stabilize the fractured bones ( one was sheared apart which I could see ).
Of course, I hope Tiger Woods will do well and the golf industry needs him.
Golfers in general need to have a hero they could wave flags and side with. Tiger was, the flag carrier, after Palmer and Nicklaus, and Watson.
What he did for the golf industry is undeniable; and already left a mark in the history for the Sports.
I wish him well, and have no doubt that he could go through the Master tournament without any hitch.
We’ll be watching the tournament in front of our TV just like the old times. How exciting will that be ? Especially T.W. answered as he thinks he has a chance to win the tournament.
That would be awesome !

Mike Douglas!..LOL! Arguably, Mr Hogan was the greatest ball striker ever, and most likely one of the greatest thinkers in the game! He was the BEST US Open golfer ever. For 15 years he never finished out of the top 10 maybe even top 5 if my recall of history is decent. I’m not saying you are attacking Mr Woods either, far from it. Just pointing out Hogan was 36 (maybe a very old 36) Woods was 45 at the time of their accidents. I would say Woods is a better athletic Specimen. I would say, both were/are driven by something even though they really had little to prove. I’m a Hogan buff, I’m a Mr. Palmer fanatic! I think Woods belongs on the Mt Rushmore of top 10 golfers of all time. I mean, I am fortunate, that Mr. Player responds every now and then to a few posts of mine…and they all buzz about Mr. Snead and Woods 82 wins…Mr. Player has over 150 world wide wins…So everything is always open for further discussion! I’d be very surprised if Woods was not in the mix…if…IF… that post leg holds up…it won’t be the pain.

Yes, the Mike Douglas Show.
He was on the Mike Douglas when he was 2 and a half. Found the video on Youtube , starting from 0.45 in the tape.

Tiger Woods is already in the elite group of top golfers in the history of the sports. His journey is not over, just yet.
Some would say, he is the greatest golfer ever; already !

If you watch how he approaches his tournament play, one would argue that his father had tutored/formed his mental approach, a copy of how Ben Hogan approached the tournament play.

That’s why many believed the Master’s tournament suits Tiger’s mental approach of the game.

Best tweet of the nite! Rocco Mediate! “Remember what happened the last time he played on a busted leg!” Good luck TDub, I hope you play well and stay healthy. TY for giving us all a taste of greatness.

1 Like

He should know,shouldn’t he ? :grin:
I did not pay attention to the betting, must be gong pretty strong !

So far, as I thought… We’ll see how Tiger recovers. That was absolutely incredible… There’s only 10 men in front him at the moment… On 1 and a half legs. He really has the most focused mind in the game. He hasn’t played competitive golf in 18 months and has a flat tire! How do you do what he just did?

2 Likes

I am relieved to see T.W. finished the regulation play. He’s feeling well enough to indicate future tournament play for the year.
Stay off the substance abuse and he will be fine.

Was that last line to your post necessary? I’m sure you’re perfect in your life—without a flaw. What that man did for golf, is second to none. To have the drive and desire to make a Masters cut, play 72 holes, to go out each and every round, in crappy cold weather, to obviously not have any semblance of what we are used to see from him and be in obvious pain and discomfort and NOT WD deserves respect not sarcasm on what is obviously a bad wheel. Remember this, he was good enough to beat the likes of Brooks, Jordan, Scott, Louis…he was paired today with who was the #1 in the world after 500+ days off. Congratulations to Scottie and Scott one helluva team this year. Golf needs heroes, Now we wait and see….because now comes the hard part. You got to the mountain top, how long can you stay there? Since 2007 until now,… that’s 15 years the best player in golf was who? Yea that would be TDub. 2 majors and 24 wins. Closest person is DJ with 3 and 20. So how good was TDub in his first 10 years with 58 and 13. The interesting thing about our game greatness is not really measured against your peers, it’s measured in 4 tournaments, and against history. Listen to Scotties presser!

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with T.W. Do you have a problem with people saying things as it is ?
He had a chance to break every record in the sports, but, as you said, we are human !

I believe that is the second unnecessary thing you have said. You DONT know much about this game do you? I don’t ask what monsters hide in anyones closets. It’s not anyones biz I am only talking about the sport and peoples game and that should be everyone’s focus not their personal setbacks. What Mr Woods did this week was nothing short of a miracle. Do you think he has anything left to prove? If you took out the first 10 years of his career he still is a hall of famer, he beat the best of this era so far after 17 surgeries, a fused back and now a wrecked post leg. You think real hard about that! Those are facts, those are verifiable stats a half a healthy man, smoked this current generation. He is the best. And I saw Jack at Baltusrol….

1 Like