What Are Your Superstitions?

I don’t know anybody who doesn’t have any superstitions on the golf course. So let’s hear yours!

Mine are:
4 white wooden 2 3/4” tees and my divot tool in my right pocket.
Warming up I use 2 regular wood tees with the driver and leave them on the range when done.
Always use my ball marker color side up.

Maybe not so weird? Maybe they are?

1 Like

I don’t have anything really that comes to mind. I’m afraid to read the responses on here which might put some odd thoughts in my head.

1 Like

Start the round with 3 tees in front right pocket, ball mark, and divot tool clipped inside/on pocket. I dont replace any tees until all are gone and be sure to replace with 3 just like the start.

Ball marker has my dogs name on it, has to be that side up with the name the same direction every time.

Leaving any head cover on my alignment sticks when using that club.

After a double bogey, or back to back bogeys I spit out my pouch and put a new one in.

Im sure I have others that I cant think of right now.

I honestly have no superstitions, but I’ve only been playing the game for four years, give me some time.

1 Like

I usually chew gum on the course and generally won’t toss the piece until I get a bogey or worse.

Love that your ball marker has your dog’s name on it. Mine says “Mamba Mentality” in purple and gold on one side and “24” on the other.

I do the same when replacing tees. :joy:

2 Likes

Your golf cart number matters …
muah ah ha ha ha

1 Like

I don’t think I have any superstitions, but I am very particular about my tee height (read this article to find out why)

Now here’s where things get interesting…

I have a recurring dream, well maybe you would call it a nightmare. I’m stuck on a tee box and tons of people are watching me fidget with my tee height. I can’t seem to get it right and I keep re-adjusting. It keeps going on forever until I wake up. How’s that for bizarre :rofl:

4 Likes

A self fulfilling prophecy Jon?

1 Like

fortunately not, I’m pretty quick on the tee!

1 Like

Clean clubs are unlucky

1 Like

I am not actually superstitious about it but generally I carry 13 clubs rather than 14.

Unless the ball has a serious cut or some sort of damage, I will not use another ball or clean the one I’m using (other than a quick wipe).

Also, no one can touch my ball. If it’s in the hole or someone gives me a putt, I have to get it. If someone touches it, it immediately gets replaced.

1 Like

I won’t use a #3 ball and will only carry one tee in my pocket at a time. I will put another ball into play if I go too long without a birdie. If I’m playing in a team event and the team is going well, we have to stay with the same lineup of hitters until it all goes bad.

1 Like

I hate going into the off-season when my last hole is a bogey or worse. I played 27 holes today, and given the forecast, this might be it until March.

So I made a bogey on my last hole of the day. I decided I had to keep playing until I made a par or better. Well, I parred the very next hole, and then I walked in.

1 Like

I hate ending with a 3-putt! And I have a ‘lucky’ golf shirt- oddly helps my confidence. Other than that, I just avoid walking under ladders (might have a paint can drop on me, LOL)

2 Likes

3 bananas while I’m playing and 2 PB&J sandwiches and a chocolate cliff bar at the turn.

2 Likes

Not superstitions, but definitely a routine: ball marker clipped to cap, divot repair tool and extra ball in right pocket, tee stuck in the back of my cap.

1 Like

A red marker line under the numbers on a ball. I want color red lines under numbers on my ball.

1 Like