Wanted; Best Golf Podcast

I am avid listener of Tony Kornheiser. Love his podcast. But I’m looking for something on golf (and I don’t need the profanity that some have)

I’ve only listened to two golf podcasts, The Sweet Spot and No Putts Given. I’ve enjoyed both as they each focus on different things. TSS discusses aspects of the golf swing and game and how to improve, NPG is about equipment.

2 Likes

I think there’s another thread somewhere in here that has a bunch of good ones. Depends on what you’re looking for out of it. Personal improvement, following the tour, original content, architecture talk. My list includes:

No Laying Up (general golf takes and good original content on YouTube channel)
The Fried Egg (architecture)
Chasing Scratch ( two funny dudes attempting and struggling to reach scratch)
The Sweet Spot (our very own Jon and Adam Young continue their quest to make us better)

4 Likes

Golf Podcasts: What are you listening to?

Chasing scratch is definitely PG.

I really enjoy hack it out golf and get a grip.

@jon is doing great work with Adam.

Just depends what you are looking for.

3 Likes

Good suggestions already, but I’d also say it depends what you are looking for in a golf podcast - ie…technical, practice, stories, interviews, etc.

If you are looking for interviews and even tournament take-aways/learnings, I think “On the Mark” is a good podcast by Mark Immelman (CBS broadcaster, golf coach, brother of Trevor :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

I agree with this… Just as a quick breakdown:

Technical - How’s my Hand Path (Jon has been a guest): He talks to various people in the golf world about their views on the golf world… he’s had some interesting conversations and I’ve enjoyed the episodes I’ve listened to. I don’t subscribe to it, though.

The Sweet Spot digs into how to improve at the game of golf. They only have a few episodes out, and I look forward to them continuing to build out the knowledge base… Adam and Jon know what they are talking about. If you want some technical golf talk, this is the place.

Professional Golf: Get a Grip is an interesting dive into the world of golf. Max gives his views on the daily life of a professional golfer, and I’m curious to hear his thoughts after his most recent win. He and Shane have a fun dynamic and while it’s mostly two dudes talking and having fun, you get an interesting look into how Max views the professional world.

No Laying Up - You asked for no profanity, so I think this one gets cut… Honestly, it’s a little Bro-ey for my tastes…

On The Mark - Mentioned above, another good one and Mark does a good job.

Other:

Hack it Out Golf: Lou Stagner, Scott Fawcett and Mark Crossfield… all three have different niches in the golf industry, and have an interesting perspective on the game… Some interviews with pros, some talking about the PGA and rules, it’s interesting to hear these guys talk golf… can veer into crass, one of the recent stories involves Lou telling a PGA official that per the rules he can drop a ball from between his butt cheeks,as long as he squatted down to knee height… It was more an example of the ridiculousness of rules officials than anything, but it’s not exactly clean.

Chasing Scratch: Two guys trying to get down to scratch golf… I’m relistening to it now, and the first 2 seasons are still quite enjoyable… it’s more of a serial podcast than it is a golf improvement podcast, but they talk to smart people and occasionally listen to them. We won’t go into the rabbit hole that is my relationship with Chasing Scratch, but it’s fun!

I’ve listened to some of the GolfWrx podcasts, and they are fine… If you want equipment reviews and such, they do a decent job.

2 Likes

Shotgun Start is the best.

Golf Sub Par - great, entertaining interviews with tour players

The Hank Haney podcast

Thx. I’ll give it a try!

Thanks, I’m accumulating a lot of candidates!

Oh my! Thanks for taking the time. I’ll have to give these a try. Thanks again!

Great! This question has produced quite a list. Not enough time in the day!

1 Like