Ultimate Putting Training Aid

There are some very good putting training aids on the market. We have some that we sell and use in our Tour putting studio daily. Also consumers contact us on what putting aids they are using to improve upon.

What is so great about a SeeMore putter is that we have consumers that just practice with it as a training aid and then go and use their regular gamer. Then we have others that practice with it and then go use it during their round of golf.

A SeeMore putter reinforces all putting training aids because of the feedback that it gives one when practicing with a putting training aid. This is why we believe it is the ultimate putting training aid.

What putting training aids do you like to use when you practice your putting at home or at the course? Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

I’ll give you guys another plug. The only putting mirror I genuinely like is yours because it clearly shows your shoulder alignment. I’ve told your CEO you guys need to promote it more!

6 Likes

Appreciate the input! Will do! Maybe something to send to you for giveaway sometime! :))

5 Likes

Unfortunately the LA area practice greens are still closed and likely are going to be staying that way for some time still. Once I’m able to get back on them, I’m a big fan of gate drills, both at impact and gates down the target line. I usually would just make them with tees, but would like to try out the gate training aids some day.

3 Likes

That is a good drill. The SPi CT Mirror that Jon is talking about has a gate drill on it as well. Comes in both RH and LH - the link is for RH - https://store.seemore.com/accessories/training/spi-ct-mirror.html

2 Likes

I only use one and its The Pill. Simple yet effective.

Is there a training aid to improve aim? I’d use that!

Here is a great tool that we use all the time to for alignment. It is called the triangulator. It helps train your eyes when looking down the line and having you trust your alignment. Not only can you use this but also purchase a straight line laser from local hardware store. Something so simple but helps with your alignment. Short plug here - but when hiding the red dot with a SeeMore and practicing your alignment with one of these tools you will increase your putting by 50% within the first use.

Google straight line laser and something very simple to use in your house.

3 Likes

the pill is a nice training aid as well to help. We have these in the studio.

Fun fact, I am personal friends with Paul Nagi who is the inventor of the Pill. We also played college golf on the same team (several years apart). Great product!

2 Likes

Is there anyone in the golf industry that you don’t know, Jon?

1 Like

Hey @jon, if you are practicing with this mirror and using the AimPoint method, is it still possible to use the mirror? If so, do you just set it up on the line you are choosing for your AimPoint?

I’ve met a lot of people at this point, but still plenty to go!

2 Likes

I mostly use it to make sure my shoulder alignment isn’t getting out of whack. I have a tendency to get really open with my shoulders, and I’ll check it about once a week to make sure what I’m feeling is matching up with a line that is square to my target.

I don’t see any issues with aimpoint though. Your line is your line (if that makes sense), and you want to make sure your alignment/posture is allowing you to start the ball on that line.

Holy crap their ad has me wanting one! Great job here

Thanks! I’ll pick one up, I’m assuming they have them At golf headquarters otherwise I’ll just order one online.

What are you working on today with your putting?

1 Like

I use the Pelz Putting Tutor to provide feedback on my skill in starting the ball on line. I also use it to check my green reading skills. I point it at the Aimline and then hit the putt to see if I have read the line correctly. At home I putt on a 3 foot ruler to see if I can start the ball on line, and when I am feeling really good I bring out the Harold Swash Rail

1 Like

@CoryO Another LA player here. Where my son plays they allow the group that is on deck to use the putting green for the ten minutes before their tee time. Seems to work pretty well.

To answer OP’s question we find a five foot straight putt put some tees in for a gate and mark it in a T shape with a sharpie. Make ten or so of those before heading out and you know where you’re lined up for the day. Big believer over here that your visual alignment changes day to day so you may need to make minor adjustments.

I have an old EyeLine putting mirror I break out regularly. The practice drill that works best for me is just pushing the ball to the hole with the putter. I should do the drill daily as it seems to straighten me right out.

2 Likes