TPI evaluation program

On the down-the-line view, it was my hips moving out toward the ball on the downswing (away from a line drawn from my butt down to my feet).

On the face-on view, it was too much of a slide toward the target on the downswing. (although honestly I am slightly skeptical of this one and need to follow-up on it because this is something I’ve been doing intentionally with iron shots to ensure ball-first contact)

1 Like

Me too. I have always done squats, but never went very heavy because of an iffy right knee. I snagged a trap bar last winter and started really light.

I find the trap bar works better for my form and isn’t as wide as an Olympic bar.

I think I started with 100 lbs 5 reps of 10 and as the load got heavier I went to 5 reps of 5. I’m only at 5 x 5 ~ 260 lbs, but I just keep going up 2-5 lbs each time to be safe. Pretty sure I could lift more, but I’m in no rush and I will add 2.5 lbs each time.

I do a variety of exercises, but I noticed my drives getting a bit longer as the weight increased. The new Epic Max LS 9* driver may have helped a bit too lol.

1 Like

Oh man, I love deadlifting… I pulled 345 the other day which made me really happy… my gym equipment maxes out at 375, so I might have to go buy more weights… I want a trap bar but haven’t spent the $200 on it.

1 Like