The Tale of Two Rounds

Just read Jon’s newest article, “The Tale of Two Rounds.” Superb!

3 Likes

Agreed. I just went through many of the same thoughts and emotions Jon did during his Bethpage round.

And actually back in April I won an 18 hole event and had many of the same emotions he did during his qualifying round where he played well.

2 Likes

Same here. Last weekend in a Senior Tournament I was 3 over after 4 but stayed in it and shot 3 over for the round. Nice to see the results of grinding it out and giving each shot the attention it deserves. Never give up!

3 Likes

Nice writing and great perspective in the Tale of Two Rounds. A bit of something in it we all can relate to. I’ve played the Black and darn tootin it’s a very difficult challenge. I used to think I could become good enough to compete at a certain level, I mean more than a few years back I lost and won my club championship, I lost and I won the county Matchplay. That’s about it for me. My best golf is way behind me now, I often think about the what ifs, but I can tell you it’s much more enjoyable for me now because I don’t let a triple obfuscate me during a round and the same goes for the eagle. Both pretty rare in general…I just post a number, cause in general it doesn’t matter…they don’t pay me to golf, I gotta pay them, so I just enjoy the time with my friends, dig in a few needles and every once in while I get to say ya know what? That’s a damn good shot!

2 Likes