Taking a break mid-season

I have so much tension in my swing from trying to increase my swing speed that I’m going to take a week off despite the fantastic weather here in Seattle. Anyone else taking a voluntary mid-season break?

2 Likes

I took a serious break last summer when Hurricane Sally wrecked the course for the rest of the year… I wouldn’t really call it “voluntary” except that it did manage to instill a fresh appreciation for electricity and running water. And beer.

2 Likes

I got hurt around this time last year… I think a week
Or two off can be a good thing, though… I’m on vacation in Idaho and playing casual rounds with my
Dad. Not thinking about my score at all, just hitting the ball and finding it… it’s been nice.

I’m ready to get back and start grinding in august, though!

1 Like

No serious breaks, but I always seem to take a week off here and there because I’m busy with work and family. I’ve taken the last week off because work is crazy and my oldest daughter was home visiting and some other family was in town as well.

I don’t mind so much taking a week or so off from playing, but I prefer if I can still get to the range a few times as I seem to have zero muscle memory for the golf swing. I haven’t touched a club in a week now and I have an invite to play a really nice private course this Wed. It’ll be fun, but the score will likely be high.

2 Likes

Yep. I am on hiatus now. Playing :tennis:

1 Like

A week off every now and then doesn’t hurt me at all. When I’m “off”, I avoid the practice range like the plague. I will wander over to practice green to work on short chipping and putting.

1 Like

Yeah kinda stepped back the past two weeks to let some over-used/sore and right muscles relax and recover. Actually did play twice while on a road trip during that time … one round was a really cool and fun 18 hole Par 3 so no over-swinging on tee shots!

1 Like