Slow Play (or Player)

I know I had said this, learn to be patient. I had learned through the decades of golf to be patient. Which helped me quite a bit later in life.

However, a round over 6 and half hours at a municipal golf course which is only about 6,000 yards from the tip is a testing day for me.

I was there to golf, not holding a conference with strangers whom I had just met on each tee box and in the middle of every fairway. Not much conversation with strangers after the usual greeting.

Everyone pulled out their smart phone and check their messages while waiting for the groups ahead to clear.

The golf course Marshal used to try to keep the playing pace before the pandemics, but now they don’t care, or should I say the golf course management does not care.

I’d rather hit a bucket of range balls then go home to do other chores.

Yes, it was that bad. Mowing lawns and trimming bushes and trees seemed a much better alternative, plus I would not have to pay $50 for the suffering.
Almost felt like being punished in the grade school by the teacher to stand in the back of the classroom.
Not fun.
This growing the game stuff had attracted more self-centered new golfers into this game.

1 Like