Si Woo's Putt at RBC

We’ve done much the same thing. I just don’t see this as an issue about the Rules of Golf, its more about how we each adapt to the (hopefully) temporary safety measures that we’ve had. I don’t know about other places, but my home club has removed the noodles, I’m just hoping we don’t have to consider going backwards.

2 Likes

We are also pool noodle free… I miss how easy it was to get the ball out of the hole!

3 Likes

Not sure what it’s called, but I loved the little lift contraption that some courses had where you could use your putter to lift the ball out of the hole. Those may be standard some places, but are gone from the course I saw it on now.

1 Like

Me too! We ditched the noodles late last year. I was in the minority, but I liked how easy it was to get the ball. I rarely felt like it kept any balls out of the hole. I don’t even touch the flag unless it’s crooked, but a lot of players are back to pulling it out this year.

1 Like

The pool noodle never bugged me… been taking the pin out the whole time

Didn’t watch or see it, but c’mon PGA.
Put the ball lifter in hole like the munis do.

Those things are the worst. All of these things need to go. Now that we know how covid is spread (it’s not from surfaces), these stupid measures to keep people from touching the pin and hole need to go.

2 Likes

This year, my ‘home away from home’ course is noodle free. What a treat! Not sure what home course will do yet. We currently have 3”-4” snow overnight and the snow has started up again. It could be a while before I find out. :cold_face:

1 Like

Sounds like we have a difference of opinion…I love the in-hole ball lifter.

2 Likes