Shout out to Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO

I recently scored a sweet deal on EBay for a XXIO Prime X 5 Wood. In near-new condition, but, no cover. I sent a message to XXIO asking if I could purchase a new/used head cover, explaining I got the club used. Their response was to send me a new one free. (All three seem to be the same company/distributor, which is fine.)

Last year, I managed to break my used, 3 Wood shaft, when installing grips. They simply asked that I ship it to them. Two weeks later I got a re-shafted club free of charge.

7 Likes

Just as an FYI for anyone interested, Srixon, XXIO, and Cleveland (as well as Dunlap) are all owned by Sumitomo Rubber out of Japan. When SRI bought Cleveland, however, they kept the Huntington Beach, CA headquarters and put existing staff in charge of distribution and service for all the brands in the US.

2 Likes

Srixon is the second best maker of irons in the world and the gap between them and Mizuno ain’t nearly as wide as many think.

3 Likes

I love my Mizunos for sure. My dad is having a hell of a time trying to decide between Mizunos and Srixon for his next set…He’s been playing Callaway’s for years, also tried out Sub70’s at my request…but it’s really down to Mizuno vs Srixon for him now.

1 Like

I got fit in February and it was fractional between the Srixon ZX5s and the Mizuno JPX 921 Forged for me. I ultimately went with Mizunos because I hit them a little higher without losing any distance - actually picking up a bit.

Did you hit zx7?

Also any thought on how they compare to ping i210

I’m going to be very honest and tell you I’ve never hit a Ping iron in my life. I’ve always hated how they look.

I took a couple swings with the ZX7s. Top line was a bit thicker and heel to toe longer. Great clubs, but a little too high launching for me. I just like a more compact head.