Shot Scope Leaderboards

OK, if you area shot scope user and want a laugh check these out. I hadn’t bothered before but wow.

Scoring average for the 21 -28 handicap range leader is…0 (i.e. par) Fourth is +1.71 across 14 rounds with a Handicap of 26!!!

Top 10 scoring drives in the same handicap range are all over 400 feet. Impressive stuff.

Not sure why people do this sort of thing and who they think they are kidding but its quite funny. Makes it meaningless of course.

And if you are interested I am A Green from UK and my stats are sadly correct!

3 Likes

First, they should require more than 1 or 2 rounds to be on there. Second, I’m the 3,766 best scoring shotscope user in the world. That’s going in the Twitter bio.

I never know what to do when shotscope asks me for my handicap. They want a whole number, so it can’t be my index. But my course handicap is different by course, obviously. So when I post a round, I change the handicap to the course HC for that round. But now on the leaderboard, what should I use?

I assume they use the handicap for the strokes gained thing - where I compare my SG to a 5 to see where I need to improve to get there. But after looking at this, I’m not sure there are too many accurate handicaps.

4 Likes