Short Par 4 - Your Experiences?

Hi all,

I’ve gotten the Short Par 4 golf apparel subscription boxes for two months now. I started it because the first month was a great deal, but then I was super underwhelmed by the actual box. Decent hat, funny poker chip ball marker, and then the ugliest pattern shirt I had ever seen (I chose the “athletic” style, definitely not loud). I was ready to cancel, but their agent convinced me to return the shirt and get enough points to make the second box very cheap again. This one was better, with (I’m guessing overstocked) US Open Winged Foot merchandise that I’ll wear and a nice shoe bag. Next month’s box will be cheap as well (complaining got me a lot of points to use), so we’ll see how it goes.
Any long(er) time members of the subscription have any thoughts? Any other non-traditional ways you tend to get apparel or non-club gear? (most of my golf clothes come from eBay honestly. I like wearing Nike Dri-fit and the like, but will never pay $50+ for a single shirt)
Also, if anyone wants to give SP4 a try, here’s a referral code for $25 off: http://rwrd.io/ppaypfv

I was a member when they first started up, I stayed with them for about six months. They were great at first but the quality kept going downhill. I finally canceled. They tried to talk me into staying and I even get a lot of emails from them still with what seems like a lucrative deal to come back. Doesn’t sound like much has changed.

I feel your pain with the price of apparel, it is expensive. I like to wait until the end of the season wether it is winter or summer and go to golf galaxy and and shop their clearance. Usually find really sweet deals there.

I tend to be okay finding really good deals on eBay. I think at my size, I get a lot of hardly worn stuff from high school players that grew out of it :sweat_smile:

I did it for a few months but cancelled fairly quickly. I was very underwhelmed with everything I received.

I also did MyGolfLocker for a short while. I liked this as it wasn’t as much of a random grab bag they sent you. You can pick specific brands and styles you like, as well as put items into your “locker”. They send you a variety of items, some that you saved in your locker, or others that are similar to the style you select. You can also customize the frequency you receive items as well as a handful of different price points. My fist box they really messed up though, the two polos I received were XL, when everything I had selected before hand was M or L. Customer service was great in getting it sorted out which was nice.

I haven’t heard a lot of good things about SP4…

Seems to be the consensus. This is the last box I think they’ll let me have for really cheap, so I think that means it’ll just plain be my last box.

I joined it early last year on a great deal because they were guaranteeing a pair of Puma spikeless shoes in that box. Remained for the next month to see what a regular box was like and was not overly impressed so I cancelled. That process, in itself, was not really easy.