Ryder Cup 2021 Thread

Seems like this has been a long time coming… I feel like the US kept getting in its own way… will be interesting to see if they can win on the road.

Though I think being in Rome might take some of the advantage away from the European team. 2 years is a long time, though… plenty of time for a couple break out European stars to build some momentum.

2023 should be a ton of fun.

Nicolai and Rasmus Højgaard out of Denmark might be the best hopes. Both are multi-winners on the European Tour at 20. Plus it would be interesting to have twins on the same team (would they be paired for foursomes/fourball?)
No one else really pops for me as Euros under 25. Anyone we should keep our eye on?

Another fun thing about the Ryder Cup - I think it’s about the only time you see these guys so publicly wasted:

1 Like

Well, that was emotional.

Despite the very one-sided result, i really enjoyed watching it all.
Super pleased to see Shane Lowry getting a little shine on the Saturday.

Euro utterly outplayed at the end of the day by a phenomenal, relentless American team.

I enjoyed the Ryder Cup as always. Now I’m enjoying the over-analyzing of it. Until recently everyone felt that the US could barely win one and now they are wondering how the Euros will ever be able to win another…c’mon lol. I think I like Cantlay’s perspective on it comparing it to playing gin.

haha I hear that. Brendan Quinn wrote something about it,

It is a decidedly American reaction to win one iteration of an event you previously lost 8 of the last 11 times, and promptly feel you’re now so good that the competitiveness of that event could be rendered obsolete.

kinda envious of that confidence, tad more self deprecating day to day over here.

Still I can believe that hype. Hell of a young/talented team.

1 Like

I think it was Spieth that at least said it doesn’t mean anything until the US can win one in Europe. That said, Euro squad needs some new blood ASAP to replace the stalwarts who are aging out.