Removing a scratch from a driver

Moderate success for me, figured I’d toss this up here in case anyone had a similar problem… if I could do it again, I’d probably fill the scratch using a clear coat stick first and then doing this… but I’m not upset about the finished results)

Scratched my old driver with an alignment stick… would have been very aggravated had in it just I won a new driver here… still mad at myself for a silly mistake, though!

Decided today to finally try to fix it… I’d heard it’s possible with scratch repair for a car, so I spent $15 at autozone. Get in the zone.

5 Likes

Top picture is the scratch, second picture is the stuff I used… last picture is my completed “repair”… it’s fixed enough that it won’t bother me.

The scratches in the wall will be repaired when my husky moves to the farm upstate.

Looks pretty good! Is it suppose to work on any color or is it color specific?

1 Like

It should work on any color, this was basically repairing the clear coat… the original scratch wasn’t super deep.

1 Like

Damn good work, I really can’t see it, I’m sure u can, but very nice work! You could make a living doing that on the side. Club repair SO MUCH Easier today… I had to learn to deal with hosel whipping and relamination. They still use ferules…but these new clubs just epoxy the tip to the shaft.

1 Like

Ha, I was actually chatting with the manager at golf galaxy and she has a similar scratch… I don’t have near the experience to sell my services, but it’s definitely one of those skills you don’t hear about much.

Oems just want you to buy new!

Thanks!

@Craigers, what’s your shipping address and rates? :grin:

1 Like

Ha, I’m happy to provide consulting if you have a minor scratch… it really wasn’t that challenging.

1 Like