Real-Time Practice Session

Hi guys,

I recently filmed an entire practice session in an informal, conversational way. It was more of a stream of consciousness, but I thought it would make for interesting viewing, with many different lessons within the session, such as;

• club selection,
  • impact variables to monitor,
  • focus of attention, feedback,
  • launch monitor data,
  • strategy,
  • thought processes,
  • stats
  • expectations,
  • how to fix poor patterns and much more!
9 Likes

Thank you for this!!

Well this is cool. Thanks adam (good strong name)!

This is very informative! Glad to be able to watch you practice even in block form. Now I just need the go quad you have there for my house ! Thanks Adam!

Thanks Adam. I have a couple questions. When you finished hitting a club, say your wedge, you would compare your dispersion to the pro averages. My question is whether those averages came from play in tournaments or on the range? If from tournament play, 1) how do you adjust your expectations based on the fact that they were in competition and you were relaxed on the range, and 2) how do you adjust your expectations based on the fact that you are hitting the same shot over and over while theirs were all one shot situations.

Good questions, and I go through that in the video (don’t worry, I didn’t expect people to make it through the whole thing. The pro stats come from their tournament play. I realize that a player may have a different target to the pin (perhaps playing slightly safer) and so their stats might not represent their actual proximity to THEIR target (which might not be the pin)

I have seen tour pro data on the range. It’s pretty similar in terms of proximity. See attached image

1. Don’t let blocked practice increase your expectations. It’s not realistic, so you are likely to perform worse on the course
  2. Same as above
1 Like

Thanks Adam. And I do intend to watch the whole video. :wink:

NIce! I’m getting data envy! Looking forward to doing the simulators at a nearby club, that’s as close as I’ll get to getting that much feedback. Thanks for explaining while doing.