Push cart recommendations?

The title says it. Does anyone have a recommendation for a push cart in the < $200 price range?

I was looking at CaddyTek, which has a lot of positive reviews on Amazon (fwiw), but it’s tough to make heads or tails of the differences between some of their carts. Has anyone used them?

If I need to spend more than $200, I was thinking about the Sun Mountain GX Speed Cart ($250) or a Clicgear model I found for around $280. But I’d rather be around the $200 or less price point if possible.

TIA

I have a Caddy Tek 3 wheeler, it’s 12 years old and still works great. The boys at the club have been switching over to 4 wheelers because they hold your bag a little more upright which is my only complaint about my cart, the bag is at bit of an angle. If it breaks down this is where I’m going. https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Compact-Umbrella-Adjustable-Scorecard/dp/B08RYH3Z48/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

1 Like

Good to know, thanks. 12 years is a long time for most products it seems, so that’s a good value for sure.

What do you like about that Mearteve? Why will you go with a new brand instead of a four wheel CaddyTek?

Guys at the course have purchased, Value not $$$ only $ / Takes up less space that my 3 wheeler when its folded in the back / Holds your bag more upright than tilted. I feel like I’m digging for clubs because of the angle the bag is at… On my 3 wheel Caddy Tek, I mean my cupholder broke, but I store my water in my bag now and my scorecard holder broke / like I use an APP now…Those things do not affect the function of my cart…The wheel & bearings are still top notch, it does it’s job pretty well for an old fart and since I’m one too…ya gotta respect that.

1 Like

I’m a Clic Gear guy - I’ve had mine for 8 years and other than dust and a few paint scuffs from being in/out of the vehicle a lot, it looks “near” new. I actually like the little angle on the 3-wheel carts as it is the perfect viewing angle at your clubs when you are pushing.

I like all the options for accessories you can add; I recommend the umbrella holder (as the one that comes with it only has one position) and the one you can buy can tilt which comes in very handy on a windy/rainy day. I also bought the shoe cleaner snap on bristles that allow you to kick rocks or mud off your shoes easily without getting dirty. My wife bought me a cooler bag that you can take on/off for Christmas a couple years that I thought I’d never use (as my bag has a fair bit of room) but this pst summer I played in a 3-day tourney in 90-100 degree weather and the cooler was great - I packed a couple half frozen Gatorade’s/waters and some food in there and nothing got wet from condensation.

#PushCartMafia
#ClicGearMafia

1 Like

I have this one for 5 yrs now. Simple one click closure. Perfect cup holder. Got it at rock bottom golf for under $125.

1 Like

Really really happy with my Bag Boy Quad XL. Functional, durable, decent weight and in that price range.

One of the best features, imo, is the “Top Lok” bracket - newer stand bags or ones that have Top Lok mate into the bracket so the bag is held securely … not straps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, guys. I ended up going with the TGW Tour 3, which is on sale for $169 (until the end of today).

https://www.tgw.com/golf-carts/golf-push-carts/tgw-tour-3-wheel-push-cart

This is identical to the CaddyTek EZ Tour. I assume TGW rebranded it.

I ended up getting it for the same price after tax as the CaddyTek before taxes and with a discount. So, I’m happy about that.

Between the few people here and the hundreds/thousands of positive reviews, this sounds like it should work.

Here’s one of the reviews I checked out in case anyone’s interested. You can skip towards the end if you want to see it all put together and how it unfolds/folds.

3 Likes

Nice, I hope you have it for many years and I know it will be put to good use! Stay Safe

2 Likes

I have a Bag Boy quad xl as well. Bought it at Golf Galaxy on clearance, had a coupon from EWGA and ended up paying around $75.
Love that the tires don’t need air, and it’s indestructible.

3 Likes

Figured I’d update this. My cart finally came in. I was preparing to have to put it together, but was pleasantly surprised when all I had to do was put a couple wheels on and unfold it.

I still need to take it out and use it, but I’m sure it’ll work out fine.

3 Likes