Practice App, Practice Manual

Hi.

I was listening to another Podcast and they were talking about Random Practice App that sounds interesting. One of my New Year’s goals is to make my practice more effective. I actually like to hit balls, practice, but I’m not confident my practice is reinforcing things I want to do. For example, be better iron player. I guess I can evaluate that if I hit more GIR but if I’m not, how would I know what is off in my practice?
Any way, I was thinking of trying out the Random Practice App and also reading “Practice Manual”. I’m able to play all year round but thought these might be steps to improve my practice. I’m 11.3, but have never gotten below 10.5. I’d like to get to 8-9 this year :slight_smile:

1 Like

If this is Adam Young’s, The Practice Manual, there are parts devoted to at least quantitative assessment of your strike location on the face. Divot start point too, IIRC. Couple that with ball flight notes, and you’ll have a good start on building a database that’ll be helpful for your coach. Who might be you.

It will mean that your practices will involve a lot fewer balls struck. At least it does for me.

1 Like

Do you know which app it is exactly? I found https://apps.apple.com/sg/app/random-golf-practice/id1534645975 which looks ok but I’m curious to know if it’s really this one that was suggested