Post Round Recovery

I can’t recall feeling like I really need to recover after a round or even 36 holes of golf, but sitting at a desk all day takes it toll on me. Sitting on an airplane or in a car too, but that hasn’t been an issue for nearly a year now.

I find I need to do at least some stretching on a near daily basis. Even just a few minutes of basic stretches each day works wonders. I’ve become a fan of basic yoga stretches and joetherapy on IG is a great resource for stretches.

Water is key for me too. I think I need more hydration than the average person. I’ve read you need 8 glasses of water each day, but for me it’s 10-12 or more.

I’ve been working out regularly again for the last 4 weeks. I’m always good about exercise in the winter when there’s not much else to do. I just need to find a way to keep going when the weather gets better. Once golf starts I go from exercising 3-5 times/week to once a week. I do walk a hilly course, but I only play maybe twice a week so not really enough…especially since drink almost no beer in the winter, but almost always do after golf.

I lie to myself that my game will get better :lying_face:

2 Likes

I’m with you on that Jim! My ideal post round would involve food, hot tub, beer and watching football (real football aka soccer). Doesn’t always seem to align to my wife’s weekend plans :rofl::rofl:🥲

2 Likes