Perfect Practice (putting)

Trying to instil a daily habit of putting practice while stuck at home.

Anyone got any Perfect Practice challenges?

Today I’ve registered using the ‘normal’ sized cup;

• 45 in a row @ 6’
  • 18 in a row @ 7’

Found a spot where the floor is even in my 100 year old house!

3 Likes

Nice! Gotta somehow simulate pressure on those. Maybe you did, but something like; I need to make a certain number I.e. 50. Makes it harder when you get near that pressure number. Also, putt every other one across the mat instead of just straight. You may already be doing this but it just my two cents to help spice things up and put a little more pressure. I love that perfect putting mat. I only try for the small cup now. Figure if I get really comfortable holing putts in a cup half the size, the real cup will feel huge while playing.

2 Likes

Absolutely this x100

2 Likes

Just don’t practice like this screen grab from a Facebook ad:

3 Likes

Game on sir! Good suggestions

1 Like

I try and practice different distances and keep a running total until I miss. So 2 x 2ft, 2 x 3 ft up to 7ft then back to 2ft if I haven’t missed. 164ft is my best so far. Need to get the discipline to do it every day though.

1 Like

@Pete - good work! 164ft!? Challenge accepted! :wink:

I have the same issue of being disciplined to do it daily (managing 1-2x per week). Plus my wife doesn’t equate putting practice indoors to anything remotely productive…

1 Like

I like what I call ladders, works really well in tile because it is easy to tell the distance (12’ mat 3’, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, 10.5:

Ladder 1- make 3 putts in a row from each distance.

Ladder 2- make 3 putts in a row from 3’ then move back, if you miss you go back to the previous distance.

Ladder 3- make 3 putts in a row from 3’ then move back, if you miss go back to 3’.

I find it simulates pressure really well. Then you can also time yourself and try to set a record every time.

1 Like