One way miss: myth?

Yep.

I have the driver going both ways right now and it just makes it so hard to play the game aggressively. Same thing with hybrid and 3w which has driven a lot of my posts/thinking on the second par 5 shot.

I’m at a spot where I can keep my swing together with duck tape and chewing gum for a round and shoot mid 76-80 while hitting draws and little pull cuts but I have to improve technique to develop a more consistent pattern to take the next step

I think quantifying your pattern on sim and then playing challenge games with one side (the double cross side) being “dead” is a great way to practice.

1 Like

I think it may have been Jack Nicklaus (??) that started to popularize the one-way miss idea of play to “your” shot off the tee.

Me? I believe everyone should have a chance, so … I’m an equal-opportunity misser :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It always seemed kind of backward to me, the way “eliminating one side of the course” is often discussed, historically. For example, people often think of a fader when talking about eliminating the left side of the course. But aiming left seems like it brings the left side of the course into play, unless you can absolutely guarantee a cut. It seems to me like the best way to “eliminate” the left side of a hole, as in almost completely take left trouble out of play, would be to aim up the right side of the hole. In my head, that calls for a draw or hook up the right side.

2 Likes