Narrating Your Game

I regularly tell myself to stop being such a wimp and just hit the shot. Is that the same? :joy:

1 Like

I need to that every time Iā€™m in a bunker. I really should do it loud!

1 Like

Love the idea of a mental scorecard. I think binary is fine. Mark it 1 if you assess your lie, conditions, ideal miss, pick a shot, see it clearly, do your preshot routine, and commit to the shot youā€™ve picked out. Mark it zero, dude, if you fail to do any of that and instead are thinking of your score or the past or the future or what you will tell people at the end of the round or feel fear about missing it. Pros score consistently 95% or higher. High handicappers on the other handā€¦ Give it a try!

So John if you donā€™t mind me asking, how exactly do you use this? Is it filled with things you say to yourself or is it filled with how you want to play different parts of the game and then how you did end up playing. Or do you just grade each part on how well you managed on each part.

Hi @teetimejp63 - no problem, when I get home later Iā€™ll post a couple of examples. I adapted the mental game prompts from a similar scorecard where the intention is to score yourself against your process goals. I donā€™t score myself (hmmm maybe I should?!) but rather just use it to remind myself of things like ā€œTempoā€, ā€œ(be) Relaxedā€, ā€œGo Longā€ on approach shots. I pull the bit of paper out my pocket throughout my round usually while waiting for my playing partner to play.

2 Likes

@teetimejp63 - ok so here we go. Little selection for you. The small ones are David Mackenzie original. Too small for me and Iā€™m not fussed about scoring although after reflecting on my round on Sunday Iā€™m going to reconsider that. Exposing my inner psyche here. Go easy :rofl:

2 Likes

Cool Ty for that. I will definitely take a look at them.

Nahā€¦ those are GREAT!!

I ā€¦ as is typical ā€¦ went a little overboard on a draft I worked on this afternoonā€¦ Gotta get it out on the course for a test drive!

2 Likes