Mini driver fans

I use to love my SLDR Mini. When they relesed the Original One Mini I bought another SLDR to save money. I hit it great, but now that I have a launch monitor I found that I spun the thing like crazy which caused it to not go any farther than my 3 wood. Now that priced have come down, I should take another crack at the Original One Mini to see if the spin is better for me.

1 Like

I tried the Original One when it came out, and it was very low spin for me.

1 Like

I hope it is for me as well, I just bought one.

My Original One Mini Driver was delivered yesterday while I was at the course. I hit it on my launch monitor and it is definitely a low spin head. I ended up putting my driver shaft in it and got the same ball speed and back spin as my M3, but with higher launch. I always struggle with launch, so this could be a great fit for me. I can’t wait to get this thing out to the course this weekend to see how it performs.

2 Likes

What loft did you get it in?

I was not a fan of the stock shaft. Too light and whippy for me.

I bought the 13.5 degree head set to 12 degrees. I can’t believe how low spin this thing is at that range. My M3 is a 10.5 head and if I turn it up to 12 degrees, I’m spinning at 3500+.

1 Like

I just snagged a used 13.5 TM Mini head. Just glued it up last night with a shaft I had laying around and hopefully I can hit a few balls later.

3 Likes

Man… now I feel like I need to buy one… my current project is way too high spin…

I haven’t given up on it yet… hoping I win a masters pool for some fun money.

2 Likes

I hit the TM Mini last night and there is potential. Not sure I got the right shaft in it and it felt a bit heavy, but I was hitting some good ones. It was so windy it was a bit tough to tell. I have a shaft that’s in an old 3 wood that may work better that I’ll try next. It’s probably just an experiment though as the last round I did get the driver going on the back 9 and I like the new 3 wood I got late last year.

I’m still testing shafts myself. With the driver shaft, I was spraying them more than I would like on the simulator last night. I have multiple driver and fairway would shafts with TM tips on them, so I have lots of options.

1 Like

I’ve got an LH Original One Mini Driver for sale if anybody is interested.

1 Like

I never tried the mini Driver, but I do use the the Adams 12* TightLies. My Driver is a 9* TM SLDR 430. I have found it to consistently produce the lowest spin rate of any Driver I have tried before or since, the only rub is there is very little forgiveness, you have to have a solid strike pattern… I practice at least 30 balls with my original TM 9.5* Burner Plus from 1989. It looks like a mini Driver. The ball looks bigger than the head…:joy: image

1 Like

I am still liking what I am seeing from my TM Mini. It’s supposed to rain here tomorrow, so it may be Sunday before I can get it outside to see some real world results.

1 Like

I totally regret selling my Original One Mini. Should have just tried a new shaft in it.

1 Like

I’m probably going to buy the mavrik strong three my pro has… he’s back with Taylor made.

It rained here all weekend, so I still haven’t gotten the mini outside yet. I did do some extensive testing and found that the while the mini is just as long as my driver with the same shaft, it is not as forgiving. I think I may put the original shaft back in it and use it as a 3 wood replacement instead of a driver replacement.

1 Like

I ordered a shaft for mine which hopefully will come this week so I can try it this weekend. I really struggled with a 2-way miss with the driver last weekend. If I was my usual short knocker self it wouldn’t have been so bad but for some reason I had some extra pop and drove it through some fairways

1 Like

You guys that were trying out mini drivers, how did that go? Is it still in your bag? Anyone check out the new TM 300 mini?

I’ve always hated the huge 460 drivers, and really wanted to love the Original One mini, but it just wasn’t better than my normal driver.

1 Like

The Tm 300 is on my list of things to try, just haven’t had the chance.

I’m currently bagging a TM Original One Mini 13.5*. I like it although I’m still getting a feel for it. I think it may still need a bit more weight for my lack of tempo. So far it has worked well (better than 3w) for the doglegs and tighter driving holes as I have been really crooked with the driver lately.