Mini driver fans

You guys that were trying out mini drivers, how did that go? Is it still in your bag? Anyone check out the new TM 300 mini?

I’ve always hated the huge 460 drivers, and really wanted to love the Original One mini, but it just wasn’t better than my normal driver.

1 Like

The Tm 300 is on my list of things to try, just haven’t had the chance.

I’m currently bagging a TM Original One Mini 13.5*. I like it although I’m still getting a feel for it. I think it may still need a bit more weight for my lack of tempo. So far it has worked well (better than 3w) for the doglegs and tighter driving holes as I have been really crooked with the driver lately.

This was not the Minnie Driver thread I was expecting.

I’ll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitress.

6 Likes

It was only a matter of time… I broke down and ordered a new TM 300 mini last night. But it won’t ship til Aug. 31 :disappointed_relieved:

I’ve been on a bad streak with my driver, so I brought out my old SLDR mini over the weekend and was 5 for 5 fairways hit, averaging 252. And I was all over the place with my big driver.

Hopefully this works out as well as I hope, and then I’m going mini for life. Just want to be able to go play golf and get off the tee reasonably without having to constantly work on my driver.

2 Likes

Not sure if this counts, but my 2¢. I played a knock-off 13° Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead Fairway Wood 3+ for a few seasons. I only could hit it from a tee or fluffy lies. Went like a rocket when I caught it right (50% of the time) It’s still in my “garage” clubs bag, for winter practice with foam balls.

1 Like

That brings back some memories… I played a whole season back in the day with a Steelhead 3+ as my primary tee club. Tiny head, but man when you hit it dead center it went forever!

I have actually looked on ebay to find an 11° original Steelhead driver, and there are some out there, but I didn’t want to bother with putting a new shaft in it. Those old RCH “firm” shafts were pretty flimsy. :smile:

1 Like

Got my TM 300 mini and have played 27 holes with it. So far, I love it! Sounds and feels really solid. According to Garmin, I’m averaging 245 yds with it (vs 261 with my Callaway Epic Flash), but both rounds were played in soggy conditions with no roll out. Best thing is, my big miss, the snap hook, has disappeared (might be more a function of the shaft than the head). Looking forward to playing out of the fairway more often.

3 Likes

First time Garmin has ever told me this, so I’d say the mini driver experiment is working.

2 Likes