Mini driver fans

I bought the 13.5 degree head set to 12 degrees. I can’t believe how low spin this thing is at that range. My M3 is a 10.5 head and if I turn it up to 12 degrees, I’m spinning at 3500+.

1 Like

I just snagged a used 13.5 TM Mini head. Just glued it up last night with a shaft I had laying around and hopefully I can hit a few balls later.

3 Likes

Man… now I feel like I need to buy one… my current project is way too high spin…

I haven’t given up on it yet… hoping I win a masters pool for some fun money.

2 Likes

I hit the TM Mini last night and there is potential. Not sure I got the right shaft in it and it felt a bit heavy, but I was hitting some good ones. It was so windy it was a bit tough to tell. I have a shaft that’s in an old 3 wood that may work better that I’ll try next. It’s probably just an experiment though as the last round I did get the driver going on the back 9 and I like the new 3 wood I got late last year.

I’m still testing shafts myself. With the driver shaft, I was spraying them more than I would like on the simulator last night. I have multiple driver and fairway would shafts with TM tips on them, so I have lots of options.

1 Like

I’ve got an LH Original One Mini Driver for sale if anybody is interested.

1 Like

I never tried the mini Driver, but I do use the the Adams 12* TightLies. My Driver is a 9* TM SLDR 430. I have found it to consistently produce the lowest spin rate of any Driver I have tried before or since, the only rub is there is very little forgiveness, you have to have a solid strike pattern… I practice at least 30 balls with my original TM 9.5* Burner Plus from 1989. It looks like a mini Driver. The ball looks bigger than the head…:joy: image

1 Like

I am still liking what I am seeing from my TM Mini. It’s supposed to rain here tomorrow, so it may be Sunday before I can get it outside to see some real world results.

1 Like

I totally regret selling my Original One Mini. Should have just tried a new shaft in it.

1 Like

I’m probably going to buy the mavrik strong three my pro has… he’s back with Taylor made.

It rained here all weekend, so I still haven’t gotten the mini outside yet. I did do some extensive testing and found that the while the mini is just as long as my driver with the same shaft, it is not as forgiving. I think I may put the original shaft back in it and use it as a 3 wood replacement instead of a driver replacement.

1 Like

I ordered a shaft for mine which hopefully will come this week so I can try it this weekend. I really struggled with a 2-way miss with the driver last weekend. If I was my usual short knocker self it wouldn’t have been so bad but for some reason I had some extra pop and drove it through some fairways

1 Like

You guys that were trying out mini drivers, how did that go? Is it still in your bag? Anyone check out the new TM 300 mini?

I’ve always hated the huge 460 drivers, and really wanted to love the Original One mini, but it just wasn’t better than my normal driver.

1 Like

The Tm 300 is on my list of things to try, just haven’t had the chance.

I’m currently bagging a TM Original One Mini 13.5*. I like it although I’m still getting a feel for it. I think it may still need a bit more weight for my lack of tempo. So far it has worked well (better than 3w) for the doglegs and tighter driving holes as I have been really crooked with the driver lately.

This was not the Minnie Driver thread I was expecting.

I’ll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitress.

6 Likes

It was only a matter of time… I broke down and ordered a new TM 300 mini last night. But it won’t ship til Aug. 31 :disappointed_relieved:

I’ve been on a bad streak with my driver, so I brought out my old SLDR mini over the weekend and was 5 for 5 fairways hit, averaging 252. And I was all over the place with my big driver.

Hopefully this works out as well as I hope, and then I’m going mini for life. Just want to be able to go play golf and get off the tee reasonably without having to constantly work on my driver.

2 Likes

Not sure if this counts, but my 2¢. I played a knock-off 13° Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead Fairway Wood 3+ for a few seasons. I only could hit it from a tee or fluffy lies. Went like a rocket when I caught it right (50% of the time) It’s still in my “garage” clubs bag, for winter practice with foam balls.

1 Like

That brings back some memories… I played a whole season back in the day with a Steelhead 3+ as my primary tee club. Tiny head, but man when you hit it dead center it went forever!

I have actually looked on ebay to find an 11° original Steelhead driver, and there are some out there, but I didn’t want to bother with putting a new shaft in it. Those old RCH “firm” shafts were pretty flimsy. :smile:

1 Like

Got my TM 300 mini and have played 27 holes with it. So far, I love it! Sounds and feels really solid. According to Garmin, I’m averaging 245 yds with it (vs 261 with my Callaway Epic Flash), but both rounds were played in soggy conditions with no roll out. Best thing is, my big miss, the snap hook, has disappeared (might be more a function of the shaft than the head). Looking forward to playing out of the fairway more often.

3 Likes