MGS Ball Test 2021

Follow up to this post: played 2 rounds with the Bridgestones back in play, and went 40/42 in those two rounds (solid play for me). Not technical enough to tell you the difference between the balls performances, but my short game has really crisped up with these.

Moral of the story: when you find something you like and fits your game, don’t randomly choose something else.

3 Likes

Ha, so in that vein of not fixing what isn’t broken… I moved to lower compression, lower spin balls as I swing hard and spin the ball a decent amount… I also play zoysia fairways that tend not to run… so my lower spinning driver isn’t really gaining me much roll, and seems to be costing me a couple yards in distance…

I’m going to get one of the top compression balls (maybe the Wilson Staff ones) and see how far they go.

2 Likes

i like it. what do know about playing the game sims

The ball will feel different in your hand. The TP5X is a little more dense and heavier than the ProV1. It’s also slightly smaller, but not nearly as noticeable.

I can tell the difference by feel when grabbing the TP5X out of the bag. It feels like a slightly heavier ball that’s not quite as soft as the ProV1 but not as hard as an elite ball (such as a Spalding Tour ball or a Titleist NXT Tour).

Fitting the TP5X into my stance is very similar to fitting a ProV1: I have a fairly wide stance with my feet about shoulder width apart and my front leg hip-width apart, which gives me good stability and forgiveness off-center hits while still allowing me to generate clubhead speed on shots inside 100 yards (the TP5x is designed for long-distance play). Can anyone share the Golf ball compression 2022

I haven’t played a high compression ball since I turned 50 and that was a long time ago. I play Titleist ProV1, I also starting playing the Bridgestone Tour BRX at the end of this season and got great results distance wise. Anytime the outside temp hits below 50* I play Callaway SuperSoft period full stop, I am also experimenting with a sleeve of Titleist TruSoft this “Cold Season”.

1 Like

I bought the Oncore Elixr recently for ~ $20/box. Got out for probably my season ending 18 holes this past weekend. I was by myself for the first 9 holes and played a few balls (Maxfli Tour X, Vice Pro Plus, Tour BX) to compare. I liked the Elixr a lot. It’s softer than the X balls and more like their non-X versions. Seemed to go off the tee as well as anything else (maybe lower spin?) and I liked it around the greens. It was kind of cold and windy so not the best day to judge, but I’m happy I took a gamble and got 3 dozen at that price.

1 Like