Lead Tape -Stay On Driver?

Any lead tape users here?

I’ve got a backup driver I’m using while I wait for a warranty replacement for my gamer and the backup driver is too light.

I’ve played around with the lead tape on it and really liked the feel, ball flights, and numbers I was seeing with the lead tape. The issue I’m having is the lead tape keeps coming off after 15-20 swings or so. Any tips to keep it place once I find what I want so it doesn’t come off mid round? The effect is devasting on the swing that it comes off :joy:

1 Like

did you thoroughly clean the back of the driver head with alcohol (not vodka) isopropyl…LOL??? When it dries apply the tape, it should stay on, I have never had an issue…I use it on one of my Adams drivers I cut a 3/4" length off the shaft to make it 44.75" from 45.5" and I applied it to counter balance the weight loss directly in the rear to increase launch

As MJ says, clean the surface first… I’ve found that more tape helps as well.

I had some lead strips that wouldn’t stay on… got some actual tape from golf galaxy and it’s far better.

Ah that’s the key. I wiped it down with soap and water but not alcohol. I’ll give that a go. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Ooooo…most soaps are made with oils…not great for glue…alcohol, lighter fluid, need an agent that will activate the glue on metal…that should do the trick! Good golfing to ya!

I find you really need to press it on and maybe even use a little heat if it’s cold. I use the Golfworks lead tape and it seems to stay in place.

1 Like

The heat might be needed. This was after wiping down with alcohol. Letting it dry. Then reapplying the tape.

If you apply it and then hit the club immediately it can tend to come off. I find you need to rub it on quite firmly and leave it for a bit. A little heat (not too much) can help. Smaller pieces may actually stay better than the long strips too.

Looks like an issue with the adhesive on the tape you are using. I can tell by the tape not adhering to the overlap of tape

Thanks for the suggestion. This is a random brand lead tape the local PGA Superstore sells. If I continue to have issues, I’ll look for another brand at golf galaxy or online. Thanks again!