JumboMax grips....what golf bag can hold them?

This is sort of a combination of equipment questions, but if any of you out there use JumboMax grips, what golf bag can hold a full set of those without the clubs getting jumbled up? I have arthritis in my hands and currently play a grip that is built up a bit, but I would like to try the JumboMax Lite grips, however I like a stand bag and they will barely handle a full set of midsize grips without clubs getting stuck. I don’t want to try the bigger grip if I don’t have a realistic way to carry them around. The only option I could think of right now is to only use 12 clubs but that may even be too much.

2 Likes

I’ve experimented with a few styles and sizes of Jumbo Max grips. I eventually settled in a mid-sized grip. It did alter the SW, but I’ve adjusted to it. Jumbo Max options that would not have affected SW. I did notice the Jumbo Max snagging in my Sun Mountain 4.5. I like to walk more than ride. I thought about getting a larger bag and a push cart, but settled on the mid size grips. There are larger cart bags with stands if you ride more than walk and there are 14-way bags with stands.Those may be an option. Sorry I don’t have real experience to share for 14 with Jumbo Max.

2 Likes

Staff bag and a push cart. No stand bag that I know could house a full set of jumbo grips without struggle. The go light theme in recent years also reduced the quality and longevity of golf equipment.
Invest in a nice staff bag and that should last you quite awhile. Plus a good quality push cart or a self propelled push cart or even a follow-me power cart.

2 Likes

That. I have a bad enough time fitting 13 clubs with mid-sized grips.

1 Like

Wow… I have a TaylorMade Carry/Stand Bag and I have an ADAM’s Idea cart bag with 15 slots. I have all Jumbo Grips…no issues. Everything fits fine. My partner has a spinning top cart bag, It’s pretty cool, he also uses GP Jumbo grips like me and no issues… First I heard of this.

2 Likes

Your standard jumbo size is skinny comparing to the JumboMax Lite OP was talking about.
Staff bag is about the only bag will easily fit in a 14 clubs with the JumboMax Lite. I’d bet the JumboMax will not even get into the spinning top bag. I have one vintage golf bag with 14 slots on the top which will not take a jumbo sized putter grip.
O.P. wants a bag which will not just fit the JumboMax grips in but easy management.
If you have one of those jumbo putter grips, try fitting that size into the bag x 14.

1 Like

I agree I haven’t seen a regular bag large enough to easily handle a full set of JumboMax grips. I have a relatively large SM C130 bag on my electric cart and my grips are only about midsize and they just fit with the 12-13 clubs I carry. I have a few friends that use staff bags on their carts and they offer a lot more room.

2 Likes

I don’t use those over sized golf grip myself either. Only installed those grips for the others. It is whatever makes people happy and believe that they have the best suitable golf equipment in their bag to give them the confidence on the golf course.

The C130 cart bag is a nice golf bag, the size of a smaller staff bag but way lighter in weight and more pockets for storage.
If we are patient, a lot of staff bags could be had for 30%-60% of the MSRP. My current staff bag I bought for 30% of the MSRP because it has a slight rub mark from storage. Been in service for over 10 years now through all kinds of weather.
Thought about a lighter bag ( the staff bag is heavy ), but there is no substitute of durability from weight. Not with the material used in golf bags.

1 Like

I’ve a Ping standing bag. Not the biggest, and I am definitely going full length dividers for each club with my next bag. 13 Midsized grips and a Mongo putter grip from LAB equal lots of sticking in the bag, not going all the way to the bottom, grip wear, etc.

Just my experience.

1 Like

Addressing the jumble part, get some fluorescent lightbulb guards at your local big-box home store. They’re clear plastic tubes meant to go on fluorescent lightbulbs to contain the shrapnel when they blow. Place them all the way to the bottom of your bag and cut them off at the top of the club compartment spreaders.
Clubs slide easily in and out without getting jumbled and grips snagging on each other.
The end caps make good living room putting targets also. :grinning:

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Easiest solution is to leave out all the even-numbered (or odd-numbered) clubs. I’m a bogey golfer (and proud of it), so I can double the gap and still play effectively. 8 or 9 clubs is plenty.

1 Like