How to use different forms of feedback during your practice sessions effectively

New episode of the Sweet Spot Podcast is out!

Adam Young and I discuss different forms of feedback during your practice sessions and how to use them effectively. Enjoy!

4 Likes

I have been trying to get some better forward lean. Quick thought.

I like to put an alignment stick ~4 inches outside of target line, same angle the shaft at address between the golf ball and my left heel. In other words, this alignment stick looks a lot like the shaft line I am trying to produce, just a few inches “above” plane.

To borrow my main man @Adamyounggolf vocab, just a little “near external” reminder. I like to do this with 9 to 3 swings off a tee to build awareness.

1 Like

That’s a great idea, thanks.

One question; or two; etc…

How do you structure your practice session? How much time do you allot? Do you go in with a set number of “goals”? What is your format (blocked, random, ?”)

I ask because it probably wouldn’t hurt me to practice more, but I effing do not like range time…

I’m always looking for better ideas. Thanks.

1 Like

I typically hit balls for about 40 minutes. First 20 minutes I set up a station. Typically gate drill or something impact based (what i described above or put a towel down behind ball like adam mentioned)

Lots of practice swings with my eyes closed in between swings. Lots of feel and exaggeration. Probably hitting like 1.5 balls per minute.

At the end i do some target practice and hit wedges.

1 Like

Thanks, papa. Somewhat similar to mine, but I love your/Adam’s idea of towel re impact drill. I like the imagining (eyes closed) and feel emphasis. Thank you for sharing. I get my 2nd shot end of this week - then off to the golf dome to try this out!

1 Like