How do you track your stats?

You’re back to being the best in the world at this skill, maybe best of all time. Very impressive

Problem is from 6ft in I’m the 3rd worst putter in the world 6ft out I’m the worst putter in the world and from 20 yds out I’m the worst chipper in the world and as a matter of fact if it wasn’t for the one thing I can actually do very well I’d be a 30 hdcp instead of a single digit. I’m certain you have a particular strength to your game as opposed to 15 strengths so then we could see you on the senior tour. As a matter of fact one of my playing partners is 72 years old, at best he drives the ball 175, He’s about maybe 30% on his approaches, he’s pretty deadly to get his ball within 15 ft with pitches and chips, know what he can do ? Make about 65% of his putts, Do the math, he carries a 15. Everyone has strengths my man…problem is with us mortals, we all have about 15 glaring weaknesses especially when, even though I practice a ton, I still suck, and probably so do you right? That’s y u’re not -5 hdcp instead of a +5. Even carrying that, your not gonna be on tour, why? Cause, contrary to what these BS yahoos that promote, that the pros aren’t that good, you keep believing that BS sales crap, because even the second & third tier players…like a Zalatoris or Kokrak…those player are that good.

I think I’m going to start recording for you. Let’s see #1 100 GW 15ft lipped,#3 LW 73 12’ Bird, #7 8i 164 yd 18ft bird, #8 9i 138yd 6ft missed bird, #9 114yd PW, 29" saved Par, #13 9i 140yd 19ft 2 putt par, #14 PW 130 hit 3ft short of pin but spun 16 ft onto collar, #15 LW 60yd LW, 10 ft, missed birdie, #16 150yd 9i out of ruff, 28ft 2putt par, #17 160yd 8i 19 ft missed bird, #18 pitch in SW 30 yds par! Ya know rest of holes crummy for a +9 day… So yea back to being pretty decent with 60, 54, 50, 46 & 42…13.227ft proximity to hole. Rest of day recovering from really bad tee shots, 2 hoseled long irons, 1 lost ball. Story of my rounds. When I’m good, I’m pretty good. When I’m not good I’m really bad…

1 Like

Just figured out how to look at my average stats for my home course with my garmin… it’s been interesting.

Definitely have some takeaways… 5 and 10 are the easiest holes on the course and my average on par 5s should be lower…

9 has been killing me and I need to address my strategy… it’s a weird hole with a hard green… it’s a very easy place to three putt, and if you miss the green, you are in trouble… I think it might require a different tee strategy.

3 Likes

I have always wondered what is a good GIR % for par 3s. Looks like you are running under 40% across the board. How long are your par 3s? And any other thoughts would be appreciated.

1 Like

That’s an interesting question and probably something I should look at… my numbers are significantly worse than they should be as I’ve been trying to find my golf swing this season… Im coming off a back injury and it’s been a slow process with some dumb hiccups on my end…

I should probably be around 60-70% on the two short ones and 50-60 on the longer ones… that would be pretty solid, I think… now it makes me want to look up generic stats.

1 Like

It looks like 1-5 handicaps average 3.5 on shorter par 3s… pros are at 2.99

Seems to speak to the concept of aiming at the center of the green and 2 putting!

After listening to John’s most recent podcast, I pulled the trigger and purchased the Arccos system. I have two rounds in the system and I’m blown away by the level of detail. Thanks @jon!

3 Likes

I keep the simple data with a pencil and the score card as I do for many decades. Using the extra 3 rows on the score card for Fairway Hits, GIR, and number of putts. Never got into the other statistic and not interested unless I have an area of the game needs to be improved.
KISS, hate to over analyze the game. It is supposed to be a simple game to enjoy, not a project to calculate for a trip to the Mars.
However, there are those who would analyzing every micron of the game, because it keeps them happy.
I’ll be happy getting on the golf course or the driving range when time or the weather condition does not allow to get on the fairway.
I’m just not that concerned with all the data related to my golf game. Because it probably won’t make a meaningful difference to my golf game whether I know all the data or not.
Watching the ball flight and the results will tell me everything I need to know.