Grip Aids -anyone tried them?

Hi, have you or golfers you know, used a grip aid for keeping your hand on the club? I found my left hand coming off the club on the downswing - and compensating with a “death grip” on the club which didn’t work, and makes me hook the ball! I’ve seen two products, “Golf wrap” and
Grip Mate, both for people with hand issues in gripping. I’ve also read about products that use Velcro on the club grip and glove, but don’t want to try those, as the left hand is the issue, right is ok so far (I play righthanded) Your experiences or knowledge of other products of this type, please share! Nerve issues with the hand, exercise doesn’t really improve them.

I’m not sure about grip aids, but it might be worth trying an oversized golf grip. There are a lot of options out there, but these Tacki-Mac grips seem to be well reviewed for the price. Could try getting one and replacing the grip on one of your clubs to try it out before replacing all the grips. Regripping can be done yourself, otherwise any golf shop or big sports store with a golf section can do it for you for a fee.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea. I’m beginning to think it’s carpal tunnel. I love the idea of sticky grips, but would need undersize rather than oversize as I have small hands and short fingers. I’ll be looking for stickier grips. Didn’t know one could get 'overuse" hand/wrist issues from playing golf once or twice a week! And I’ll be looking into the ‘golf wrap’ also. :smiley:

1 Like

If you think it’s carpal tunnel, maybe look into strengthening your hands? I’ve done grip strengthening before and it definitely helps… it’s also easy to do while watching tv!