Food During the Round

That makes sense. I’m out on munis, so four hour rounds are the best case scenario.

Read somewhere (Arron Oberholser?) where you should consume 400cal per round. Gatorade G2 bars come in at 350cal and 20g protein.
He also said 16oz water (I use Skratch) every three holes. Which explains why every third tee shot is by the left trees​:woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:.

I don’t eat breakfast and quite often play in the morning. I eat bananas, sometimes a sandwich, sometimes dates or a muesli bar.

There is a shed attached to the pro shop where you can permanently store your clubs between rounds. Big sign saying don’t leave food in your bag. Reason mice/rats have eaten into bags to get get food left behind.

I never play without eating before. I’m 50/50 on eating something at the turn.

I’m not a big breakfast guy so many times I will go without and it doesn’t seem to bother me. I definitely need my coffee and water, but I intermittent fast regularly. If we’re teeing off a bit later and I think the round might be longer (tournament) then I will bring something. Could be protein bar, protein shake, banana, nuts, trail mix, etc. We do sometimes meet for breakfast before a round and I’ll get a typical eggs, ham and rye toast, but sometimes I just feel stuffed then and I almost think going without feels a bit better. Maybe I’m wrong since I really didn’t play all that great this year, but I couldn’t find a correlation with food or lack of and my performance.